Derren Brown On Channel 4

Just watching this tonight - he reckons that he has a foolproof system to guarantee winners. So far the woman he's been getting to place bets has four out of four winners... allegedly.

I am sorry - I just can't see how this can be possible, realistically, and although I really rate the guy and believe in what he does (I've been on stage with him and he manipulated me a treat), I am very suspicious about this. You can't 100% predict a result - you have fallers, horses ill, out of form etc... how can you get around this?

All very interesting... but I want to know what's behind it.

Will keep watching! Anyone else?

interesting programme but I guess we would all have guessed that it was the old tip lots of horses to lots of people. When the first couple of races only had a few runners my radar picked up!

I couldn't quite understand the woman staying with him once she knew what was going on - I sensed something must have been said off camera as surely most people would punch him? Or am I just excessively violent?

I'm guessing all he actually did was reveal the "idea" behind it, and how it could have worked. Then in actual fact just used a few actors to play his "final 6". Unless we are to believe that at least 3 of the final 6 (and initial 7,000 odd) actually read the email; actually followed the system; actually happened to have a video camera handy at home; actually bothered filmed themselves following the system; actually turned up at the track on the final day...

...doesn't really compute when you think about it.

Ricko, I take it you didn't actually watch the program ( or if you did, you didn't pay much attention ). He explained that after a couple of winners, the remainder were all invited to take part in an experiment, thinking they were the only person, and as such, were all supplied with the camera etc.

And as for the final six being actors, sorry he never uses stooges.

Originally posted by Dave G@Feb 3 2008, 03:25 PM
Ricko, I take it you didn't actually watch the program ( or if you did, you didn't pay much attention ). He explained that after a couple of winners, the remainder were all invited to take part in an experiment, thinking they were the only person, and as such, were all supplied with the camera etc.

And as for the final six being actors, sorry he never uses stooges.
I missed the start, apologies. The woman just didn't seem to be very believable that's all.

And Brown most certainly HAS used stooges in the past.

Back