Diane's Choice

rorydelargy

At the Start
I see that tdk's latest ownership venture (after the redoubtable Flint River) came good in the last at Brighton yesterday when Diane's Choice got up on the line to win the closing sprint handicap. Rumours have it that a punt may have been landed...

Thanks rory.

Yes, we did have a decent bet on DC yesterday - win only -so it was a bit close for comfort (!), but delighted with the outcome...

She had actually run quite a bit better than her finishing position suggested on her last couple of starts at Sandown and Newmarket - a point picked up by Nick Luck on RUK last time she ran. I have to say I was amazed how quickly the handicapper dropped her and she was looking potentially thrown in off 67 yesterday.

I was a bit worried that she seemed to be hitting a brick wall in her races, so we decided to give the tongue tie a go. Then it was just a case of finding the worst possible 0-70 over 5f and yesterday's race seemed to fit the bill nicely!

As anyone who owns horses will know there any number of of things that can and do go wrong with these beasts, so it was great for everything to fall right for once.

Hopefully the handicapper will put her up a bit (!) so we can sneak into the 5f hcap she came 2nd in at Glorious Goodwood last year.

DC is out again today at Brighton.

The handicapper only put her up a pound for winning (nice chap it seems) and we have a good kid taking off 5lb today. I would prefer it if the race was over 5.5f furlong, but at Brighton on fast ground, I think she will be fine over 6f.

The opposition features a lot of out of form horses, so I wouldn't put anyone off having a few quid on her at 4-1+

Back