Doncaster Friday

Guest_

At the Start
I am far from Honolulu’s biggest fan but if you were to pick a track, ground conditions and distance for this horse today’s would be it. The nature of a track like Goodwood was completely against him, he should not just handle but relish the ground conditions and he is guaranteed to stay. Granted he does not look the most resolute of sorts (though he battled on past the Stoute horse at Ascot) but I think he has been crying out for some ease in the ground. If he puts it all in, he is an evens shot in my book.

Anyone have any other fancies today?

Royal and Regal!

If you can get 3/1, he's a fantastic each way bet. I'd prefer if the race was 2f shorter, but I think he'll also relish the ground conditions.

One of my favourite horses for some reason or another.

Royal and regal for me too.

Bollin Felix willt ake a lot of beating in the handicap. Im sweet on Union Island in the last.

I thought Golden Sword would be strong in the market but I see he has been displaced for favouritism in the two year old maiden by Kite Wood. From a yard I really respect, Jarvis...interesting maiden.

Good call with Honolulu.

I didn't see it .. how did it go?

Royal & Regal briefly looked the winner when kicking into a decent lead in the straight with Honolulu chasing him with his high head carriage but the latter wore him down a furlong out and powered home impressively with Balkan Knight staying on from well back to grab second.

Good call Gal. He certainly didn't lack resolution today in spite of the awkward head carriage

Back