Doncaster from Station course

suerunner

At the Start
I am thinking of going to Doncaster for Doncaster Cup day, but will be coming up from London by train that morning. Does anyone know whether the racecourse is within reasonable walking distance from the station and if not, roughly how long a taxi would take? Trying to plan which return train to get!
Thanks
Sue

It is,when I did it prior to the RP trophy last year I got lost on the way but eventually made it ok.

The bus service is excellent,drops you off at the course entrance and picks up for the return journey straight after racing (probably takes 10-15 minutes).

One warning - isn't that Ladies Day ? Erm in which case be prepared for lots and lots of very drunk people not at all interested in the racing

If it takes 30 mins to walk, and the bus leaves every 15 mins plus it's travel time (as it's bound to get snarled up in traffic, lost caravaners, and the highways agency conning off huge sections of road to remove a crisp packet). Short of poor weather, is there any incentive to catch the bus? Is it not quicker to walk?

Thanks Warbler but I think Ladies day is the Wednesday or the Thursday. Am only going as it's my 25th on the Saturday and wanted to treat myself. But I am all for the racing and not the fashion which is why I'm avoiding Ladies Day.

Ladies Day is the Thursday - and that was when the Donny Cup used to be run - now Channel 4 have wrecked the meeting is it on the Friday now ?

Back