Down Royal Meeting

Guest_

At the Start
No Kauto Star but still an interesting few races...

Ladbrokes.com Chase
Paddy Power: 5-2 Forpadydeplasterer, 3 Herecomesthetruth, 4 Siegemaster, 8 Made In Taipan, 10 Fisher Bridge, 12 Shazand, Good Fella, The Fonze, 20 Sizing Africa, 25 Top Of The Rock, Tasman, 66 Sadlers Native
JNwine.com Champion Chase
William Hill:
7-4 Notre Pere, 4-1 The Listener, 11-2 My Will, 6-1 Joe Lively, 7-1 Schindler Hunt, 8-1 Casey Jones, 10-1 Roll Along, War Of Attrition, 20-1 Wheresben, 33-1 Natal, 50-1 Trotsky

Two very uninspiring fields. Shindlers Hunt would be my pick of the price while Made in Taipans price should be double

Last edited:
I think Notre Pere will win easily if he is fit enough first time out. His performance at Punchestown will be more than good enough to win this.

If I can get much more on Fisher Bridge, I might break the habit of a lifetime and back him.

The Nicholson race has a horrible shape to it. My Will has the least negatives, but again I would like a few extra points on the price to tempt me.

I think Notre Pere will win easily if he is fit enough first time out. His performance at Punchestown will be more than good enough to win this.

A gimme IF fit.

Tempted to get stuck in to Siegemaster in the Lad Chase, but the ground and weather forecast mean it will be a watching brief for me.

Edit; Had it in my head that Siegemaster is better on better ground, but a scan through his form would signal the opposite. Anyone aware of his favoured conditions?

Last edited:
I think connections are mad to aim Kauto Star at Haydock rather than Down Royal. Haydock's jumps track now resembles a dog track, with bends that look tighter than Musselburgh! I wouldn't be in a hurry to run anything there myself unless they were horses that loved tight, fast tracks. It'd suit plenty of horses straight from the flat with dodgy stamina reserves though! Maybe they should head there with Cesare.....

Would you say joe lively only acts around cheltenham? if not then hes a decent bet at 7s considering he will like the ground and if he has recovered> Also do we think my will will like the soft i know he stays further than 3m but will he act on the ground. Have to have doubts about Notre on his seasonal debut.

There's an interesting hurdle on the Friday. Only 5 runners but Go Native up against Voler la Vedette, Ebadiyan and Luska Lad. I'll be very interested to see how Murphy's horse goes against the boys.

There's an interesting hurdle on the Friday. Only 5 runners but Go Native up against Voler la Vedette, Ebadiyan and Luska Lad. I'll be very interested to see how Murphy's horse goes against the boys.

I was asking him how she compares to Feathard Lady and he said they are much different. Feathard never really worked that well as she couldn't take work and she went from being a handicapper to fav for champion hurdle. They know Voler is good. I had a few bob on her at 100/1 for the Supreme before she won at Crimbo. Pity she picked up a little niggle and then pulled far too hard at Fairyhouse Easter. I think what stands her in good stead is her jumping. Spot on and always has been. She reminds me of Feathard. He knows she has 10lbs to find to take on the big boys but Colm does so well with these types that I wouldn't put it past her. She needed the run the last day so will improve. I'd quite fancy her on Friday and Go Native will make a price.

Back