Drones

Warbler

At the Start
Apparently one of these things flew within 20ft of an aircraft recently

All you need to do is strap 10Ibs of explosive to one and rig it up to an impact detonator. Surely it's only a matter of time whether it be by accident or design?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...bombs-for-terror-attack-on-passenger-jet.html

The article above that you refer to does seem to be complete scaremongering.

What leads you to think its scare mongering? If the attack wasn't feasible I'd tend agree with you, but there's nothing there which suggests it isn't? I wouldn't know about the chemical weapons angle (I think I'd accept that's scaremongering) but 10Ibs of explosive flown into an engine would easily fetch an aircraft down

This seems like a genuine random event where someone was flying a model helicopter.

I'm sure it is, but someone is extrapolating how easy it is to get hold of these things, and how one could be rigged up to perform a more sinister function.

The history of terrorism (and warfare for that matter) has no shortage of things thought to be unlikely or impossible that were subsequently shown to be feasible. I'd have thought it feasible that one these things (or a swarm of them) could be crash landed on the House of Commons Terrace on a hot afternoon (not sure if that would be a bad thing though given my current mood towards are politicians)

I'm sure it is, but someone is extrapolating how easy it is to get hold of these things, and how one could be rigged up to perform a more sinister function.

The history of terrorism (and warfare for that matter) has no shortage of things thought to be unlikely or impossible that were subsequently shown to be feasible. I'd have thought it feasible that one these things (or a swarm of them) could be crash landed on the House of Commons Terrace on a hot afternoon (not sure if that would be a bad thing though given my current mood towards are politicians)

:lol:

Back