Dubai Today

Guest_

At the Start
Good to see a few recognised names win out there today. My old friend Archipenko and the useful Mourilyan. Sounds as though the Oxx horse was not as impressive today as he was on his last start in Dubai.

Jalil also winning and by the sounds of things impressively....imagine off to America now unless they can find something else for him.

Black and blue from kicking myself over Archipenko. Saw him run last time over 6f, playing up before the race, reluctant to race and made a note to wait for him over a mile (ish). Runs today, tongue tie and eye shields (I think) and I missed him!

Drives you mad this game sometimes, can't buy a winner at the moment and miss a bloomin' 14/1 shot.

Good to see Archipenko doing well. Really relished the fast ground there (as his action suggested he would).. certainly shouldn't have any problem getting further as well..

Were Coolmore a bit hasty getting rid of Archipenko? Impeccably bred, surely O'Brien could have tried a toungue tie and blinkers before shipping him off as a lost caused. The black type gained yesterday will seriously enhance the paddock value and its Mike De Kock's gain.

That said I don't think anyone could have seriously fancied him after his dismal debut in Dubai.

Goldolphin seem to be wisely bringing Jalil along slowly on the dirt. Next stop a soft pattern race or two and then the potential breeding value starts to recoup some of the obscene purchase price!

Not sure but didn't he go to Germany and he's now in the Asiatic Boy colours which I'm sure he didn't run in when in Germany.

River Tiber in the next...

Can't recall too many O'Brien cast offs that have ended up in Bin Suroor's stable.

The World Cup between him and Asiatic Boy should be a humdinger
Great for Dubai to get one of the top US dirt horses over -
wish I'd been able to see that but no doubt it will go up on YouTube later!

I use a mac and the software won't allow me to watch races on atr nor ruk! :suspect:
Really maddening. Spare laptop much appreciated if anyone is throwing one out!

Thanks a million Gareth - I'm trying that now...

I can't remember whether I've tried before, my mac is a few years old now - well only 3 but you know what it's like! - so I'm not sure I have the right OSX version but we'll give it a go...

Oh wow, oh wow......... I could KISS you :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now I can waste even more time following the racing on my laptop norty

THANKS A MILLION :luv:

I'm pleased to say that I was at Nad Al Sheba on Thursday night - I'm a NH man to the core but you'd have to be a moron not to be impressed by Curlin. So physically impressive and effortless acceleration in the straight. Monster.

Cocoa Beach also very impressive on the day as well

Looking forward to World Cup day now - albeit from afar [when I gather my thoughts I'll deliver an analysis on the contrasts between a Dubai raceday and an Irish one!]

Back