E/w Business

Honest Tom

At the Start
It's a long time since I did one of these as all my bookmaker accounts are closed / restricted and I can't be @rsed with cash betting. Anyway, I'm going to a mate's wean's christening today and I dug one out to give as a present.

3.00 Bang 5 Romping Home

2.20 Hunt 3 Shavansky

2.50 Hunt 1 Denises Dip, 5 Sir Leonard, 3 Mattaking, 4 Silver Tara

5.20 Hunt 7 Goodwill Phil, 8 Sandana

2.10 Mark 7 Solar Rock, 5 Heathcliff, 2 Dads Army

24 x e/w 5-folds

(if there's a non runner in the 2.50 Hunt don't place the bet).

Ahhh nostalgia. In the old days it used to be so much more simple - 2 horses in 2 races so just one ew double.

Good luck in the last Tom. Afraid I picked this up late but will watch with interest.

Superb Stuff Honest Tom.

I must say its not a bet i have ever thought of doin, but a quick calculation at 1/4 odds shows around 137/1 return for the five fold?? Am i correct? Thats just done using 1/4 the odds for handiness sake. Might be worth looking at doing a few of these in the future. Cheers.

Only paid 5/6 on the total stake and probably wasn't worth the risk of there being a non-runner in the 5 or 8 horse races, although there was a couple of 4ths that could've boosted the return a fair deal. I must admit I dug it out in a hurry and was thrown by some of the betfair prices on offer.

50k to 60k Tom? Nice start in life for the wean. Set for life as long as he/she never leaves Glasgee :)

As we all know I'm a numptie about the mathematics of betting, and I'd be interested in having this bet explained to me...
Is it a series of e/w doubles and an accumulator of all of them?

And what was the stake, to pay 50/60K??
I'm wondering how it compares with a placepot :what:

They cut the 60K down to £96 I'm afraid Homer.

Headstrong, it's just a fairly simple combination (1 X 1 X 4 X 3 X 3 =24 e.w 5-folds). The 5 horse race (where I took 4 horses) was guaranteed to at least double any running on place money.

I see - so it's very much like doing a placepot or jackpot, only *you* get to choose the races!

It's really only worth a bet if there are a few of the right type of races (e.g. races with odds-on shots where there's only 2 or 3 others that can place). Bookmakers will be on the lookout for such bets so it's best to spread smaller bets about that will slip under the radar.

Back