Early Prices

Guest_

At the Start
Seems like there are alot of bookies pricing up the Newmarket card for tomorrow already - not noticed this before?

Amusing that the title is they light the torchpaper yet they don't take a light at early prices.

I love the fact I can have a few beers tonight and browse the prices. The thing is I dont think people fall over themselves to have a bet at this stage. The races are well formed and all the prices will be there tomorrow. I fancy Frankel will be 5/6 tomorrow too.

Not necessarily, when Segal puts his selections up, the prices on those horses will have gone.

I do think (less so on Group Ones) that some firms just price up to take a few quid to form the market off a limited amount of cash rather than use the lemming traders method of just quoting off Betfair.

Yes but Pricewise is the greatest bore of punting in genral. Your best bet is to back his off the shows. I have a good luck through Newmarket and only the 3/1 Dream Ahead appeals.

Yes but Pricewise is the greatest bore of punting in genral. Your best bet is to back his off the shows.

Can't see the logic behind this; they're very rarely bigger on the show than they are before they're put up so surely all value has gone?

Well to be honest Id wager they are never value. Rather than scrapping around the limited morning market with the other lemmings you may as well wait for the show and get what you like on.

Can see your point but I could never back something at 12/1 when it's been 16/1. It's 12/1 because he's put it up and you'd only make profit backing Pricewise at the price put up, as all notion of value is contained within that price.

I'd much rather back my own selections but it's annoying when you fancy one and he puts one up and you only get round to putting your own bets on come 10am or so. If you're a serious player, you have to be up at 8:30am on a Saturday now.

If you are a serious player than a Saturday full of handicaps should be avoided unless it is your niche area. It is certainly not mine.

Back