Ebaziyan Saturday

LUKE

Senior Jockey
1/2 in the post for a race where he is vastly superior to the opposition on paper.Despite thinking he could run well at the festival I couldn't back him in tomorrows conditions and will seriously consider laying him.

Certainly wouldn't be steaming in to Ebaziyan at odds on.. don't think he'll be seen to best effect to a 2m4f slog..

Not like it's an egg and spoon race either, with the likes of the progressive Siegemaster, a horse i have a lot of time for.

Will be interesting to see how Clarnazar and Turtle Dubh get on tommorrow as well.. both showed a good bit of potential on their day, but have clearly had their problems..

Alex has napped it on Sky Sports News (another brave shout there from Mrs Quinn).
Gives you extra confidence if you do oppose him!

I've opposed him. His form last year in soft ground befoe the festival wasn't great and the ground was decent when he ran well at crimbo. At the price I'm willing to take him on. If he wins we won't be crying over the small losses.

It's not hard to picture Ebaziyan running well in the Champion Hurdle but today won't play to his strengths at all. Ground and trip are against him and there's a good case for saying he's better on a left-handed track, too. He looks worth laying at 1.65.

I personally wouldnt be getting too brave laying Ebaziyan today. In fact, I am hoping for something like 4/5 with the sentiments of this thread. Think he would be huge value at a price of that sort.

I am with Garney, so superior on form and seeing the Hattons Grace should win this race easily.

4/5 definitively a bet for me

Still close enough to 4/6 without Siegemaster. I could see him lose it but that is way to big. I hate wading in at that sort of price though. I don't know what to do, probably nothing. i certainly wouldn't think of laying him at that price.

It was an easy win, but, once again, he looked a long way off being a champion hurdle horse. I'm still slow enough to write him off, I actually went to betfair in the hope of getting a big juicy price, only to find he's actually shortened.

There seems to an opinion that Cheltenham (I suppose much like last year) will see this horse in a different light.

Not sure...in an open year if he turned up at that price on decent ground you'd certainly take an interest in him!!

If he does run in the AIG he is likely to encounter soft/heavy going which wouldnt show him in a good light so he might drift out further.

Matt Chapman was dismissive of Ebaziyan when interviewing WPM on Sunday morning.Willie was having none of it and basically said that he is a good ground horse who works the house down on the gallops.One for the shortlist.

Back