Euronymous

Senior Jockey
Mishriff
St Marks
Love
Snowfall
Lord North
Mohaafeh

Who turns up? Of the two market leaders I'm not convinced by Mishriff on decent ground in Europe and I'd have to watch the PDJC again but first impression was SMB didn't hit the line that hard and might be outstayed in this. Maybe Lord North who seems a bit big (fishy big) at 7s.

There have only been 77 runners in the last 11 years...always been purely contested, usually on account of a super star..

Yeah, against top quality opposition Addeybb needs a combination of deep Autumn ground and the old end of season past their peak thing you get in the Champion Stakes.

Interesting to see how this plays out tactically. What instructions for Mishriff.

Know this is doing the rounds on Twitter in various guises but this is my friend's racecard from the first race meeting he ever went to, 50 years ago and saw the great Mill Reef. Sorry off subject slightly. Love things like this - he is bringing to Ascot so I can see in the flesh as it were. Mill Reef racecard.jpg

Non-event of the year, imo; despite ITV's overblown bullcrap to the contrary, a good horse outsped (in a time1.66 secs slower than the following handicap) one who needs proper cut, a 12f horse and a rag.
Long for the days when the Beeb used to tell it as it was.

I've just watched both races together and they went much quicker early doors in the (11 runner) handicap. I wouldn't be using the time to damn the Eclipse.

Interesting enough race and the winner did it well. I would worry about the proximity of the fourth, mind.

He is clearly smart. You could tell early enough though that it was set up for him. Mishriff has clearly needed it, but was hoping for a sterner test than that.

Back