Electrolyser - Clive Cox

davidjohnson

At the Start
AM I right in thinking some people on here are quite close to the yard. If so, any ideas what happened to this promising 3-y-o from the all-weather. Looked a likely type for quality 12f+ handicaps but hasn't been seen since February.

I'll ask. I'm quite worried about the form of the yard this season btw - but I remember Clive telling me when he was surrounded by rapeseed exactly four years ago, and it affected his horses very badly, that 'at least we won't have the problem again for another 4 years'. Which is this year...

I'm going down to Lambourn c10th and hope to fit in a visit to the yard - I've not been up for a while

No fault of his own, I've noticed alot of his horses seem to sweat up before their races, its a yard I've noticed this alot lately and with a few of his horses running short in their races (still cruising 2f out, emptying quickly). I'm no vet but his horses just seem to be bubbling over and maybe its through a lack of electrolytes or because of dehydration, I know rapeseed can cause that.

Like I said I'm no expert but I do think his horses are lacking 10% at present.

Yes I'm pretty sure there is a problem and I know they've had this before. When rape is planted it comes up very close to his gallops - it's a real pain. Amanada Perratt had the same problem in the same year 4 years ago - how's she doing this year?

Rape is planted in a cycle like all crops. I've been suffering badly here in East Anglia with it - it's being harvested now and until it rained today, it was a nightmare driving anywhere lately

Thanks for that. Interesting theories. Dansili Dancer ran on Sunday as if just a bit short of peak fitness I thought.

Don't know if anyone saw this horse's belated return at Newmarket but I was really encouraged by it considering the betting suggested he'd probably come on for it. I'll be amazed if he's not placed gto advantage in a 12f+ handicap before the season is out.

Well spotted dj. Have to confess having been ill earlier int he year then madly catching up since I forgot to ask about the horse! Clive is quite a 'handicap king', he can pull off some of these big ones, so I hope you are right

Well done David, that Midships form was rock solid. Don't apologise about being smug, everyone has the right to be smug when you back one you've had your eye on for a while.

Back