Epsom Racing 5th & 6th

Steve T

Journeyman
The big races have their own threads so here's somewhere for everything else!

Diomed looks open behind the favourite Confront, but without great confidence I'm hoping Lovelace will run well, I think Confront is a big danger though.

That race at Goodwood where Mac Love was fourth looked interesting at the time. The second boosting the Guineas form. They all look worth following, especially the Godolphin animal over a stiffer mile.

I've seen some shite prices in my time but if anyone is backing Spacious at 7/4, they need their bloody heads examining. She's only won a 4 runner conditions affair since her 2 year old career and she made hard work of that, dogging it all over the show. She is far far from straightforward and Epsom surely isn't going to suit her quirks both on the track and in the prelims. No idea why they've kept her in training, she didn't go on at all last year

The French filly is a knocking bet at anything over 7/2 in my opinion. Her form behind Gris De Gris looks more than enough to take what is a very weak Group Three.

Completely agree, but I suspect if you wait long enough someone will go bigger than 7/2. Plenty of people will look at that card and back the Cheveley Park/Murtagh horse in preference to anything as exotic as a French runner.

Totesport and Betfred going 4s, unfortunately I don't have an account with either as they're usually crap so I'll risk it on the Exchanges for once.

Was digging a bit further with the French filly last night and it looks like the last run should be completely ignored. My amateur french reading of the Paris Turf close-ups say she lost 7 or 8 lengths at the starts and never got into it after that. A different complexion on the race than 'held up last, never a factor' in the RP.

It's not my bloody meeting this. She'd have won by 2 if she'd stayed straight. It was his fault but I'm not going to slate him, he's won me more than he's lost in the past.

Back