Especially For Krizon...

Guest_

At the Start
Thought I would bring this to your attention Krizon!! I remember how sorry you used to feel for poor Sholokhov when he was doing his pacemaking duties for High Chaparral, Hawk Wing etc...Good to see his getting his dues now!!!

Diana heroine gives Sholokhov first Group 1

By Martin Stevens4.46PM 2 AUG 2009
SHOLOKHOV, a Group 1 winner for Aidan O'Brien in his racing days, was represented by his first winner at the highest level today when his daughter Night Magic triumphed in the Preis der Diana at Düsseldorf.
The Wolfgang Figge-trained Night Magic won easily by four and a half lengths from Soberania, a daughter of Monsun, with Andrea, by Dashing Blade, half a length back in third.
Bred by Jim Bolger, Sholokhov hails from an immediate family chock-full of black type.
He is a son of Sadler's Wells and ahalf-brother to Listed winner Affianced, later dam of Irish Derby hero Soldier Of Fortune and Meld Stakes winner Heliostatic, and Zavaleta, another Listed winner and grand-dam of last year's Dewhurst Stakes scorer Intense Focus.
Sholokhov landed the Gran Criterium in Milan at two and finished runner-up to stablemates High Chaparral and Hawk Wing in the Irish Derby and Eclipse Stakes at three.
He was retired to stud at Gestüt Etzean in Germany, where he stood this year at €7,000. His oldest crop are four-year-olds, and his best runners besides Night Magic are dual Group 3 winner Peace Royale and Listed scorers Adolfina and Timos.
Night Magic was bred by Etzean out of the 11-year-old Listed-placed Monsun mare Night Woman, whose grand-dam Novelle won the Preis Der Diana when it was run as a Group 2 in 1983.
She was sold as a yearling at Baden-Baden to BBA Germany for €43,000 and runs in the colours of Stall Salzburg. On her last start in July she had landed the Group 3 Grosser Preis der Jungheinrich Gabelstapler at Hamburg.

And the 500/1 I got off Laddies e/w on Irish derby day will never be forgotten!

Brilliant, really pleased for him. I'm a big fan too and also got depressed seeing the horse continuously used as a pacemaker when I was pretty sure he could have done a lot more. He had such a good attitude.

Nice to hear he is doing okay at stud. And he has a good home. :)

he is doing very well over here and is one of germanys busiest stallions. very shrewd stud he is in who stand dashing blade as well and results show that he does seem to suit his mares as well. night magic is evidently a very improving filly, and her trainer is not exactly all the rage, so she must be good ;)

Hey, thanks for that, Gal - very thoughtful of you. Really pleased to see he's getting some action, and that it's reflecting well on his considerable (if oft squandered) talents. You can't beat a bit of MONSUN in the pedigree, either - the German superstar.

Toobe: Krizon is un peu cream-crackered at present! She went to Zummerzet on Sunday, Newton Abbot races on Monday, back to Brighton in near-record (low flying) time on Tuesday, worked at a very hot and unpleasantly humid Brighton today (nice to have time to talk with Mark Johnston, who had two winners, although very few winning owners showed up), and is back between the shafts there tomorrow, and Friday, and then up to Lingfield on Saturday! So the old bird might be off-air with heat distress and overwork for a bit! Still, mustn't grumble - it keeps me away from doing group jigsaws at day centres for OAPs!

I've been looking for somewhere to go on Saturday, with trusty Beddy, maybe Lingers could push Newmarket out of the frame. Are you on O & T's? If so will come and say hello.

Copyright_Heidrun_Kuester_17_Juli_2004_FH35_Sholokhov.jpg

Sholokhov

Walsy - yes, I'll be on O/Ts, which is left side as you come through the new glass entrance - hope to see you! Just had lovely dinner courtesy of Ray Hughes, accompanied by Stevie 'Wonder' and Mrs H, who are in Brighton. I'll be taking them to see the inner workings of the film van tomorrow, when they're taking in their second day.

Awwww.... look at that darling boy! xxx Lovely pic, Powerscourt.

Back