Should the UK leave the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Warbler

At the Start
Leavign aside Cameron's fantasy that he's going to secure a substantive renegotiation of Lisbon (he won't) do we think the time has come for the UK to withdraw and paddle it's own canoe?

So I thought I'd set up a simple Yes/ No poll (probably fail actually as it isn't that clear to me how). It would be nice to have the capacity to alter your vote, but I suppose you're locked in. Personally I keep changing my mind on this one on a weekly basis

I would stay in if there was absolutely no further integration. Ideally I believe much of it should be rolled back and there should be a huge cost cutting exercise throughout the administration (which wouldnt please one poster here) 47000 staff? WTF?

A lot of the given reasons for staying in dont hold much water. Most especially trade. I could quote from economist Will Huttons piece in Observer last week and compare and contrast with Roger Bootle. Hutton is vague and waffling. Bootle gives a very hard firm case for withdrawl (and he is not naturally a sceptic or isolantionist)

Had to laugh at Michael Oleary on Radio 4 this morning. He was asked same question and said we should stay in but fight against the "franco german communist bloc".He's quality I must say. I burst out laughing at that one. '

I've been trying to work out on what basis the UK had to pay in an extra £1.7 billion. Having heard much about economic activity associated with prostitution and drugs being newly included, I felt the figures must be wrong given Germany's and France's record in these vices.

But no ... I have just watched the Euro gathering answering this question on a you tube. Seemingly, what hammered our GNI increase was our 'charity' sector or not-for-profit organisations.

FFS - lets get out of such a numpty organisation!

MR2

The EU costs each UK taxpayer about £1 per day (a little less) for the priviledge of being a member.

Is this a bad or good deal?

The American right to bear arms is a bullwark check against the abuses that their own government might visit on their own people. To some extent I see EU membership as a safety net too

Having said that, I have little doubt that it's a chronically sick and corrupt self-serving bureaucracy (but have no defence when I'm asked whether the same description could be applied to Westminster). I also sense it's been used as the mechnaism for capital to squeeze labour which we always thought it would be

Finally, I think Cameron is making an absolutely terrific arse of himself with his movement restrictions, and has been slapped down by every single EU member now. Yep the self styled 'economic libertarian' who wants to restrict the freedom to choose

I suppose what might be more interesting, given that the country seems to have had fetish now for auidence participation elimination shows, would be set up a poll that allows us to vote out one member!

The faceless bureaucracy of the EU and the unelected yet all-powerful mandarins in Brussels dictating from on high have persuaded me against the European project. Hence I have voted "Yes" in this poll.

Thats the biggest problem. There is simply not enough accountability

There is no reason why you cannot have a free trading block and freedom of movement between certain states without all the baggage. What else do we need from it? Could run all that out of semi in Acton

and if the Uk leaves and is clearly non the worse for it (which it wont be IMO) the others states may ask a few questions too. especially those who didnt join the failed currency

Back