Fairyhouse Tomorrow Night

• Thread starter Thread starter Marble
  • Start date Start date
M

Marble

It could be an interesting card with the Group 3 Brownstown stakes over 7F being the highlight. Emulous looks quite a consistent and versatile horse having won on different going descriptions and distances, but how she will handle the weight against tomorrows rivals is open for debate, and will she find any improvement on them previous runs.

History Note has her chance but her form is quite hard to quantify having had just the three runs ,and there should be plenty of pace on as a few of these like to lead, so I'd be wary of her as a hold up horse when useful opponents like Agony And Ecstacy are trying to make all up front.

Claiomh Solais is another who likes to lead, but was hammered out of sight her last two runs and I can't have her. Rose Bonheur would be dangerous to discount, but the two races she's won this season of any note she's been receiving weight, which she will not be getting against potentially very useful opposition in Sharnberry.

Sharnberry has improved on each of her last three runs and with the weight concessions she get tomorrow, she should find getting her head in front a much easier task, than when racing off level weights in groups ones against horses like Golden Lilac. Seems to have lacked a killer turn of foot in certain races but with the pace setters in this I think it should be no messing around and that will suit her.

She is my idea of the winner for the Ed Dunlop/Fallon team.:)

Elsewhere on the card, in the 7:30 I think Mountain Pride is right back in form after springing a 20/1 surprise at Leopardstown and even a 8 pound rise in the weights might not be enough to stop him if he can repeat that performance. He gave a bit of weight away, and the along with the second pulled a bit clear of the rest that day, and his career starts to date suggest he's at his best each season on his second/third start, which he is again tomorrow.

In the 8:30 an outsider with a e/w squeak (if handling the step up in trip) could be Belleau, who wears blinkers for the first time and does like to try and make all, (did so on maiden win, and attempted to do so again at Leopardstown last time out). The claimer taking off an extra seven pound makes be think she'll run a big race tomorrow.

Best of luck if you're having an interest in the races there.

Last edited:
Nice write up. Have to admit I was struggling to understand how Emulous and Rose Bonheur were bigger prices than I expected. I've obviously underrated Sharnberry who is not on my radar at all but relatively strong in the early market on Betfair.

Strictly at the weights - the three year olds hold sway and Rose Banheur, Claoimh Solais and History Note are the ones that are well in. Sharnberry has it all to do off an OR of 104. Emulous is the well supported favourite but again is wrong at the weights carrying her penalty. Tough little race but sticking my neck out would go for Rose Bonheur at the prices especially as Claoimh Solais had a grueller over 10F as recently as Saturday.

Belleau does merit consideration as Tracy Collin's horses are hitting form and need to be followed when they do. 20/1 is fair.

Back