Fantasy horse racing

Shouldnt; this be on the chit chat thread?
What's it got to do with horse racing? LOL

I'm quite interested The Daily Telegraph was allowed to go ahead with a Fantasy Racing Game. When Escorial Racing tried to set one up a few years ago along these lines exactly, he ran into a legal challenge from the Racing Post & the Tote who wouldn't allow him to run it. I suppose the DT has the money.

I'm quite interested The Daily Telegraph was allowed to go ahead with a Fantasy Racing Game. When Escorial Racing tried to set one up a few years ago along these lines exactly, he ran into a legal challenge from the Racing Post & the Tote who wouldn't allow him to run it. I suppose the DT has the money.

The problem Ron had (or at least one of them) was that it was used the concept of distributing prizes out of a pool of entry money, which in racing terms is the sole remit of the Tote. It's possible to get around that by having fixed prizes which are unconnected to the number of entries. There have been similar games run by newspapers in the past.

i wonder will springers return

Not for at least 7 days and a bit of mod chat (and quitye probably never after that). I must admit to being a bit nervous when I spotted them sign in at some ungodly hour yesterday. My attention was initially drawn by the previous 'newest member' we'd accquired, someone called "Fox-News" (I kid you not). By the time I rechecked, another newest member had taken their place "Springers". Most of you will be unaware that for the past 6 weeks we've been hit heavily by battalions of spamsters, most of whom we've twigged and thus they never get a chance to go any further. You only need to look at the number of members on line, as we've recently been setting a host of records on strange days, and at funny times. Springers although registering an amber light with me, got through, but didn't take long to show their true colours.

Last edited:
Back