Faugheen out

FAUGHEEN, red-hot favourite to defend his Stan James Champion Hurdle crown at Cheltenham next month, has met with a setback and will miss the festival.
Speaking before racing at Punchestown on Wednesday, trainer Willie Mullins told the Racing Post: "Unfortunately, we've had a hold-up with Faugheen and he won't be going to Cheltenham.
"When we started back working him this week we discovered he had a sore suspensory and, while it isn't a serious problem, it's come at a bad time and it means we've had to abandon plans to run him in the Champion Hurdle."

Hope it isn't career-ending.

We need heroes.

Kills the race in terms of quality, opens it up for lesser mortals.

Will be interesting to see the new market.

Today was a forfeit stage for the Championship races at the festival and at 11.00 this morning Faugheen was left in the champion hurdle and not withdrawn, Im being told injury happened Monday. Bit naughty if true.

From atr:

" We were starting back his countdown to Cheltenham. We had given him a nice easy time after Leopardstown and since we started back there was a little bit of soreness in his suspensory ligament," said the champion trainer.

" I gave him a few easy days and we went back at it again, and it flared up again yesterday morning which we confirmed this morning."

Today was a forfeit stage for the Championship races at the festival and at 11.00 this morning Faugheen was left in the champion hurdle and not withdrawn, Im being told injury happened Monday. Bit naughty if true.

Not really DG if it was thought to be minor damage very often the heat will be gone and the horse will be fine in a few days. Rather than start a panic they probably decided to wait until now just in case he was ok.

Sometimes it's better not to say.

You may remember Exotic Dancer when he pulled some muscles in his back and Jonjo wanted to wait a few days to see if he would improve.

The media called him 4 days later when word got out asking if the horse had a back problem and he said No!!! He thought he had done the right thing waiting but with some people you can never win and he got slagged for it.

I have no problem with the timing of this announcement and I don't think anyone else should either

Remember Kicking King also, going to 999 on Betfair before winning Gold Cup.

Any bookie offering any kind of rebate on multiples that have gone west ?

I realise they were NRNB since before Christmas in Championship races but not necessarily for multiple bets.

Just a thought. ( Had it been closer to the race PP would nearly have paid out !)

No luck with Corals. Bet was placed 24/01 which I thought was after they went NRNB but maybe not. I note they're returning all stakes as free bets on singles (up to £50) though. Ba*tards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MIN is drifting now in Supreme market. matched at 5s.

BUTbeing backed for the CH. 500 ew at 33s

Back