Favourite St Legers

Ardross

Senior Jockey
This is the first year in a very long time that I am not going to Doncaster . I gave up my annual membership for a variety of reasons - treating AMs like shit and reneging on a promise re AM's seating , the arrival of the " premier suite" on the top floor from which AMs were excluded , cordoning off most of the best members seats for the pissed in the Bistro who can't even be bothered to come out and watch,too many evening meetings replacing day fixtures and the total and utter feck up of the St Leger Festival . The Wednesday has been screwed , the Thursday spoiled( another naff fillies races stuffed card for Ladies Day ) and most of the top races shoehorned into Friday and Sat- why for example is the Champagne now opening the Saturday and wasn't the Flying Childers left there?. The meeting is grossly unbalanced simply due to Channel 4 deciding to cover only 2 days .

Anyway, to happier times - anyone else have any favourite Legers . Lester's awesome ride on Commanche Run , Oh So Sharp landing the fillies triple crown, Silver Patriarch, Conduit( the best Leger field for many years) and Milan's contemptuous dismissal of the field - stand out for me .

Last edited:
I enjoy it as a spectacle. Silver Patriarch winning stands out for me as he was a horse that deserved it.

What made that race was Stoute's face in the closing stages.

McEvoy is a loss to British racing.

Back