Festival Radio

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Just a word of congratulations to Rory on his contribution to Festival Radio this week, nice one my son, hope you get more gigs.

One forumite asked me this morning to pass on to Rory how much they'd enjoyed listening to him all week - where's the puking emoticon?? :p

I didn't listen to you I'm afraid Delargo, I'd get confused with a radio sticking out my ear! Mind you I'm sure you were great, and I bet that your paddock picks for the bumper were top class and very well informed....;)

Thanks very much DG. I had a wonderful week in the parade ring, although it's surprisingly draining to be out there in one place for the duration of the festival; at least it kept me off the booze (mostly).

Has anyone done the "perfect face for radio" gag yet?
I was variously described as lovely, really good looking and the kind of man that all girls would love to be with by a young lady last night; I must admit she was very, very drunk; for the record, she remained entirely unmolested as I'm also a gentleman and a scholar. And her husband is twice my size.

Congratulations, Rory (on the radio gig, rather than your admirable restraint!).

On a slightly different note, was Ken Pitterson doing the paddock for William Hill Radio? Haven't listened to it for a while, but he's well worth listening to.

Congratulations, Rory (on the radio gig, rather than your admirable restraint!).

On a slightly different note, was Ken Pitterson doing the paddock for William Hill Radio? Haven't listened to it for a while, but he's well worth listening to.
Ken was definitely there at various times ~ I imagine he was on duty for William Hill Radio, but can't be certain.

Yes, meant to say we also enjoyed your radio contributions. Husband got a bit pissed off with us all though as we kept losing the signal while driving places and we would make him keep circling until the show was over before he could get to the restaurant and get his pint! :)

Didn't hear it (obviously) but well done for getting it. Nice number to get presuming you want (or already are) going down that route.

As I type this though I do remember something similar being the reason for you ducking the Talkinghorses thingy at Navan.

Didn't hear it (obviously) but well done for getting it. Nice number to get presuming you want (or already are) going down that route.

As I type this though I do remember something similar being the reason for you ducking the Talkinghorses thingy at Navan.
Yeah - a genuinely lucky break; I was asked to do a small piece pre racing on Trials Day, but ended up staying on in the paddock for the day's broadcast (as a foil for Alex Steedman), which seemed to work well enough to see a repeat last week. Would be delighted to keep pushing that, although Kempton on Wednesday has marginally less appeal.

Rumour doing the rounds that Shads has signed up to do Kempton's in-house feed - with the stipulation that she will only work all-weather cards, and only alongside fella by the name of Anthony Kemp...

After praying to all my Gods, I have been well rewarded by only having to go to the Godawful Sandpit once this week - and, with even more thanksgiving, that is not Wednesday either. I couldn't possibly stomach all the guff and obscene creaming over each other due to the "Durrrrrby Trial".

Back