Ffos Las - Friday

montyracing2

At the Start
For those who watched 'Life in the country - Brecon' and registered the message that my tribe are gathering to celebrate my 50th birthday in the renovated 'Barn' .....

Well, the time has arrived and we are heading to the races on Friday from Brecon before partying in the evening.

Has anyone any views on the racing at Ffos Las so far and Friday, I'm looking at a few things like local owners and trainers who might like to win at their local track, but any insight would be gratefully received.

MR2

Went to the first jumps meeting there Andrew, must say I enjoyed it but be warned, queues for a drink in a bar are worse than Cheltenham on Gold Cup day (I hope they have more than 2 bars open now and also more than 3 students without a brain cell between them serving).

Also the food front is dire, its either a horrible burger, a few covered in oil chips, or a greasy horrible hot dog. Their catering had a lot to be desired.

Apart from that it was good. Viewing was great, atmosphere was good.

Peter Bowen is a trainer who would be fairly local, as would Alison Thorpe and Evan Williams.

Paul Flynn is bringing a mare over from Ireland I'm told called Iwillifican. Was given a nice introduction behind a smart one of Mullins' recently and stayed on nicely for hand riding. It's a fair ole poke from Longford near Rosscommon where Paul Flynn trains and she will be expected to go home on the box a winner. His other mare Tenormore should also go well I hear, but Lambe's Quivvy Bridge will be very hard to beat if it doesn't come up too soft.

Hope you have a good birthday and enjoy the day.

Have a great day Monty. All the field back I have heard from the Irish lads travelling over has been very positive.

I will be there Monty with my horse Ballyvesey in the first. We may have to take on the redoubtable Baddam. Inordinate amount of Irish horses but maybe this is what we have to expect at Ffos Las. Look me up and I`ll buy you a birthday drink.
Incidentally I really enjoyed the opening day ,had plenty of beer and excellent food. Maybe it`s because I was in the VIP tent

Mobile masts do seem few and far between in parts of South Wales. Having just spent the last month at the 'Barn' trying to progress the holiday let from 18th century cow-shed walls to something comfortable for guests, I can verify that problem .

Regardless of my pick in the first, I'll be cheering on Ballyvessey, Roddy.

MR2

Back