First time sires

Sara

At the Start
As it's that tiem of year and there seems nowhere to post such news, I thought I'd start a thread on the foals of first time sires 2009, and we can watch their progress

Sir Percy's first foal saw the light of day on Sunday - hard to say from the small photo in my newsletter if he's a chestnut or a light bay - anyway, he's a colt with a splodgy white marking in the 'star' position, and he is correct and strong.

He takes after his dad rather than his mum who is very dark bay: Claws, an Irish mare who won a race there and was then brought over here where she ran for Al Lidderdale for the yard racing club TEC (winning me quite a large sum at Wolves!). She then belonged to the parents of Chris Carter who used to work at Barry Hills, and now belongs to friends who lived in Eastbury but have moved to Cheltenham. Congrats to them.

Well it might be an ongoing thread, taking in sales etc, following any 2009 foals of first-time sires - but I suppose the short answer is, anyone who remembers to bump it or wants to add to it! As one does...

It's hardly intended that the dear creature has the whole thread to itself!

Back