Flagship Therese - no offspring?

Isinglass

At the Start
Apologies for a jump topic in middle of flat action.

I noticed that a mare I used to know called Flagship Therese was last sold for just over 5,000 when she originally went unsold for about 48,000. She has been retired a long time and I wondered how to find out if she has had any offspring. Much harder with jump mares since you have to wait so long to see them entered in a race.

Would I need to be looking at something like Return of Mares, or asking Weatherby's?

I just checked on the Racing Post 'Bloodstock' section under Mares' Records [from 1998 when she retired] and it seems she had had no progeny at all. She's 14, right? There are no runners listed for her under either code, maybe she was barren or made so by her first foaling?

Thanks, I could not find anything either but I am never sure I am using the Racing Post statistics correctly. Despite having to work with computers for a living I still prefer looking things up in a book.

It's a hell of a drop in value for her, and 14 is not too old to breed something. But if barren then that could be a problem. She is tiny so perhaps she lost foals. I adored her, wish I knew where exactly she has ended up and for what purpose. There are not many left of the flagship family.

In terms of her age she could yet have offspring although maybe a little late for a first foal - a friend of mine bought a mare out of racing quite a few years ago, retrained her as a riding horse where she was quite good at riding club level eventing etc. They decided to breed from her (with the idea of racing the foal) and she now has a 2yo filly, I think the mare was 14 when she foaled the filly, sothere's till hope yet.

I think Weatherby's would be your best bet though.

There ye go ol stock.

FLAGSHIP THERESE (IRE) (Foaled 29/04/1994) brown mare by Accordion, out of Maryland Flagship by Persian Bold. bred by Miss E. C. Holdsworth 2002No Return to Foxhound (USA) 2004(May 4) b c by Kayf Tara (GB) (foaled in Ireland) bred by Mr A. P. Brady 2005(April 26) b f by Exit To Nowhere (USA) (foaled in Ireland) bred by Mr A. P. Brady 2006(May 14) br c by Great Palm (USA) (foaled in Ireland) bred by P. Mooney 2007(April 30) ch f by Quws (GB) (foaled in Ireland) bred by John J. Slattery 2008Not Covered

At the Sales
2004 b, c, y Kayf Tara 5,066 E Kelly tti Nov 2005
2006 br, c, y Great Palm 4183 Grennanstown stud gof Feb 2007
2005 b, f, f Exit To Nowhere 2634, p Halligan TTi
2007 ch, f, f Quws 772 not sold TTi Nov 2007

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!! Looks like I will have a few of hers to follow if I can find them. Great stuff, at least I know she was not barren. :D

Back