Flat Jockeys Title

Ardross

Senior Jockey
Hanagan 144
Fallon 135
de Sousa 134
Hughes 121

Hughes seems to be riding everywhere this week - Brighton , Lingfield , Leicester and 2 trips to Kempton - is he planning a late challenge after all these trebles and four timers he has been riding ?

Riding in the Breeders Cup would surely rule out small hope he has. I would think it's more of case of a jockey who likes to keep busy.

Any mileage left in this still? Hanagan 7 clear of De Sousa I think,and another day off tmrw where Hanagan may get 1 or 2 more, but looking at the entries they both have Sds hasnt given up yet, lot depends on the form of the Johnston horses in the next 2 weeks. At a double figure price I'd be interested in De Sousa on Tues AM - currently 11/2 best.

Hanagan gets his 2 today as thought and battle recommences tomorrow with him 9 ahead of SDS. quotes of 1/14 seem a little premature and I think the 9/1 on the exchanges gives excellent opportunity to trade over the next 2 weeks.

Good luck today Chris.

De Sousa going to the Melbourne Cup early next week to ride for Johnston and Fallon at the Breeders Cup (assuming he passes the border checks) so all looks very one sided now.

De Sousa going to the Melbourne Cup early next week to ride for Johnston and Fallon at the Breeders Cup (assuming he passes the border checks) so all looks very one sided now.

Has De Sousa to Aus been confirmed? I was under impression it might be subject to his title challenge but see he has no bookings after Saturday at the moment - Fallon to breeders & possibly Aus too depending on Cumani runners, but SDS has been traded at under 7/1 on Betfair today, still 7/1 with some firms.

Interesting, no flat on Sunday, so he'll miss Wolves Monday and Redcar or Kempton on Tues, Kempton / Nottingham on the Weds, depending how long he goes for, an unanswered treble today would be good!

5/1 just laid on Betfair after he wins the first race of his 12 rides today, now 7 behind - William Hill & Ladbrokes still laying 7/1 on their websites.

Interesting, no flat on Sunday, so he'll miss Wolves Monday and Redcar or Kempton on Tues, Kempton / Nottingham on the Weds, depending how long he goes for, an unanswered treble today would be good!

Ask and you shall receive! 5 behind after today, if he can just get himself within 1 or 2 before jetting off to Aus he still has a squeak. Better still, decide to stay behind...

9/2 on Betfair but a best priced 5/1 with VC & Ladbrokes, if he was staying in the UK until the end you could probably halve those odds.

Tomorrow SDS does the Lingfield / Kempton double (11 rides), as does Hanagan (8). Mark Johnston provides Sylvester with a couple of good chances at both meetings though riding in the 4.40 Lingfield & 5.30 Kempton will surely require a helicopter if not a miracle! Paul Hanagan seems to have the lesser of the two books tomorrow, with one of his Kempton mounts also having ran this evening.

I can see why people would take half a point under the bookies odds on SDS this evening as it might be a solid trade this time tomorrow evening.

A strange day on the Jockey Championship front. SDS gains another on Hanagan, only 4 behind now, but his schedule for the next few days isn't great for backers - rides at Newmarket & Wolves tomorrow (9 rides) as does Hanagan (8) but then has only 3 rides at Newmarket Saturday before flying to Aus Saturday evening, missing the evening fixture at Wolves.

There is no flat racing Sunday and he was banned already Monday so he really only misses Tuesday's meeting if returning on schedule for the Nottingham / Kempton double on Weds. Hanagan goes to Ayr on Saturday for a decent book of 7 rides, followed by Wolves on Monday & Redcar Tuesday.

Tomorrow is a big day as I don't see SDS doing much on Saturday and then he's off until Weds.

I've got a decent position where it's running for free now and in a 20/1 with a certain Mark Cavendish for some sort of Father Christmas impersonation award but am a bit dissapointed with how things might look when he returns next Weds.

Back