Flat Racing Records

• Thread starter Thread starter numbersix
  • Start date Start date
N

numbersix

Does anyone know if there is a free online resource of all the big flat races and the winners going back to inception?

I am not after just the big Group 1s, but the pattern races in general, and the big handicaps.

Currently I find myself trawling through loads of sites, but have as yet failed to find a single site that provides all the stats going back through the years.

Spooky coincidence because I was researching the same myself recently. Wikipedia is actually pretty good, but generally only goes back to '88 like the RP.

A site documenting the history of the pattern would be pretty cool... although maybe that's just me being a bit sad :)

Almost forgot - http://www.tbheritage.com/ is a fascinating site.

Yes, I have used that one, although it is not that user friendly in the way it shows the history of a given race.

I am ok with the jumps as I have a lot of Chasers and Hurdlers annuals which pre-about 1992 showed winners of all the major races. Maybe I will have to buy a few old copies of Timeform racehorses - any idea when they published the historic race results up to (I am presuming they stopped at the same time Chasers & Hurdlers moved it to the Stat Review) ie circa 1991/2. If so a copy of the 1992 version should suffice, supported by the RP site for post 92 results.

It is annoying because my dad bought a racing Playfair Annual in 1987 which had tons of results for top races across Europe and USA. However that publication now only seems to publish a cricket annual.

Maybe I should write a book!

That is very good Venusian. A lot more in one place than I have thus far found. Although what it does lack is owner, trainer & jockey fields. Any idea about the Timeform Racing Flat Annuals - ie did they have wide lists of big race winners in the annual itself up to the end of the 80s a la Chasers & Hurdlers?

Any idea about the Timeform Racing Flat Annuals - ie did they have wide lists of big race winners in the annual itself up to the end of the 80s a la Chasers & Hurdlers?

They didn't I'm afraid, and they're full of flat horses, so don't waste your money!

They didn't I'm afraid, and they're full of flat horses, so don't waste your money!

Sage advice

icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

So am I right in concluding form this that there is no online (or for that matter offline) reasonably up to date record of all the big flat pattern and handicap races?

A terrible state of affairs if true.

Gareth, why dont the people who run this site use the internet prowess to set one up? It is a big gap in the market so to speak and I for one would benefit from it.

Gareth, why dont the people who run this site use the internet prowess to set one up? It is a big gap in the market so to speak and I for one would benefit from it.

Funnily enough, I bought some (very cheap) second hand copies of the 1971, 72 and 73 form books just the other day...

Back