Frankel!

Actually think he deserves his own thread now.

I hate hype horses but he is beyond a hype horse for me, absolutely amazing stuff.

Queally really didn't mind letting him win as far as he liked did he? I wonder might that encourage connections to put him away now for the season?

It was indeed extraordinary but I think ARAZI's acceleration in that Breeder's Cup Juvenile will also be up there for me as a truly amazing perfomrance by a 2yo. Not comparing the two, as there is absolutely no point in my opinion - just fantastic to see another star in the making.

"Field"? A small token of two Listeds and three nothings! Get a grip, people: he carried 8-12 and did the mile in 41.73, POET'S VOICE carried 8-13 and did it in a far more impressive 39.76, which, if I'm not too far off, equates to him being around 10l superior at the finish. Yes, no doubt a super run, but come on! Reality check.

Last edited:
"Field"? A small token of two Listeds and three nothings! Get a grip, people: he carried 8-12 and did the mile in 41.73, POET'S VOICE carried 8-13 and did it in a far more impressive 39.76, which, if I'm not too far off, equates to him being around 10l superior at the finish. Yes, no doubt a super run, but come on! Reality check.

I presume you mean 1 min 39.76s Kri? A mile in 39.76s would be impressive. :p

Even so, it's still impressive. A two year old should be about 1.1 seconds slower than a fully developed horse at this stage of his career at a mile, the pace also wasn't anywhere near as strong as in the QE2 so a crude comparison of the times is very misleading.

Get a grip, people: he carried 8-12 and did the mile in 41.73, POET'S VOICE carried 8-13 and did it in a far more impressive 39.76, which, if I'm not too far off, equates to him being around 10l superior at the finish.

The difference in times is irrelevant give how slowly they went early doors in the Royal Lodge and the fact that Poet's Voice was ridden all out in a close finish and Frankel was eased slightly.

The comparisons to SNA are way off as he was always gonna be a middle distance perfomer. This horse reminds me more of Zafonic, a big bull of an animal at such a young age.

I think this was an incredible performance. He's a 2yo having only his 3rd race and hes a big scopey horse who shows every indication that he can only improve at 3. What else do you want him to do?

I, personally don't like either the Dewhurst or the RP Trophy as sometimes due to ground conditions, they throw up strange results and often bottom a 2yo. I appreciate they want his Group 1 win at 2 so presumably he will go for one or the other.

I am just grateful that he is with an outfit who can nuture him over the winter.

The comparisons to SNA are way off as he was always gonna be a middle distance perfomer. This horse reminds me more of Zafonic, a big bull of an animal at such a young age.

No comparisons were made, I was just stating that everybody thought SNA was going to take all before him whatever race he ran in.

That is wrong. SNA never had the profile of a typical Guineas winner and a lot of the people who were Epsom backers were Newmarket layers.

Gamla - well spotted, I did miss out the 'minute' bit in both!! Yes - would love to see a mile in half a minute.

Back