Free £50 Bet

Diamond Geezer

Gone But Not Forgotten
Paddy Power, the punters pal, have once again come to the aid of abandoned race-goers at Cheltenham today.

The Irish Bookie has agreed to give a “no-strings attached” free £50 bet to all today’s unlucky Festival ticket-holders.

Cheltenham Racecourse confirmed that all today’s ticket holders will receive an automatic full refund regardless of their payment method and will retain their original entrance ticket.

Paddy Power said: “Like my fellow 60,000 Festival race-goers today, I am massively disappointed with today’s abandonment. It’s like being a kid waking up on Christmas morning to find out that Santa never came!

"We hope this gesture will, in some way, ease that disappointment. On a brighter note, we have two amazing days of racing to look forward to”

To claim their free bet, race-goers should post their original ticket from today’s abandoned meeting at Cheltenham along with their names and full postal address to:

Paddy’s Silver lining Offer
Paddy Power Bookmakers
5th Floor
Crowne House
56/58 Southwark Street
London
SE1 1UN

This offer is limited to one free bet per person and is valid only on unused original tickets (i.e., tickets which were not used for admittance on any other day). The closing date for receipt of tickets is Friday 21 March 2008

The fact is mind, if you send your ticket to Paddy Power, you won't get a refund from the course, as they will want your ticket for a refund.

£65 off the course or £50 free bet. I think Paddy Power has found a way of making an extra £15 here lol

My understanding, rightly or wrongly, is the refund will be posted without any need to post back your ticket.

Well they do say if something appears to be too good to be true the chances are it is. Suffice to say I thought I'd send my ticket off, and lo and behold (can't say i'm surprised in honesty) not a dickibird. Starting to look like a shameful publicity stunt that the bookie never had any intention of honouring. Mind you, I'm still waiting Gillespies refund as well

This bookmaking outfit are a disgrace. They refused to pay me on a legitimate bet, called me a liar over the telephone and didn't answer my email.

I wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole and their sponsorship of the Open Meeting is one reason I haven't been over-despondent about not making the last couple.

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@Apr 1 2008, 01:24 PM
This bookmaking outfit are a disgrace. They refused to pay me on a legitimate bet, called me a liar over the telephone and didn't answer my email.

I wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole and their sponsorship of the Open Meeting is one reason I haven't been over-despondent about not making the last couple.
Not being nosey, and if youd rather not say then fair enough, i fully understand, but what was the bet and the circumstances?

I had a dispute with Powers a couple of months ago.The bottom line was they told me that their technology said they were correct therefore they were correct and wouldn't listen to any arguements to the contrary.
I asked them why they couldn't accept a bet on a race that had yet to start some weeks before that and they couldn't give me an answer.
I would say at least 95% of my bets are with betfair-I don't even bother trying to find each way value.

Now fair play where fair play is due.

I realise that moaning about bookies is a habit constant to a majority of punters, and although I wouldn't regard myself as the worst offender, I'd still be lying if I pretended that I hadn't had cause to do so in the past too. So as I pop back from the local supermarket I find on my door mat a letter with the post stamp Baile Atha Cliath, and duly open it up expecting to find some excuse in it as to why I'd been disqualified.

No.

Instead there's instructions as to how to open an account and claim my £50 free bet , so well done to Paddy

Do you still qualify for the free bets you usually get when opening an account? i.e. they match your first bet up to £50 with a free £50 bet?

No idea?

I've already got an account with them though, and don't know whether they'll link me. I was mildly fearful that if it were a cynical attempt to snare new customers, then they might say I don't qualify, though on reflection I can't see any good reason why they'd do that

It is a decent promotion. Only a percentage of people who contact them will already have PP accounts. On average (and I'm guessing here) people who attend Cheltenham will bet in larger annual volumes than the people who take up their online offers. The £50 free probably costs them about £20-30, which is probably significantly less than what they'll make out of a new active user in the first couple of weeks.

Good for the firm, good for the (potential) customer.

Back