French Oaks

Guest_

At the Start
Penalty kick for Zarkava? Proviso could be interesting if finally getting her act together today. Kitty Matcham is 40/1 in places which might be some place value.

Fascinating race in prospect, tho Zarkava looks nailed on, and her price of 1.34 currently, reflects that!

Murtagh has gone for Gagogna over Kitty Matcham. I wonder if Proviso really needs give to show her best...
If anything might spring a surprise at a big price it's Frankie's mount, unbeaten Leo's Starlet, who although only rated 119 RPR is unexposed since she's not run in any big races so far. She's by Galieo and out of a good family, and might be a good place bet - currently 3.05 P and 25 win.

I've had a little lay of jolly, so far a cracking miler, but she has to prove herself at this trip

Can someone put the full result up, I know Zarkova won but missed watching the race unravel on Betfair! - too busy arguing the toss with you lot about yesterday LOL Don't even know if I got my place price on Leo's...

Head and shoulders above em at a mile, head and shoulders above em at 10, head abd shoulders above em at 12???

Zarkava
Gagnoa
Goldikova
Proviso
Satan's Circus

Zarkava raced very lazily early on, was stoked up by Soumillon rounding the bend, made progress on the wide outside in the straight and what looked like being hard work suddenly got very very easy for her in the last 100 yards. Further they went, further she won by.

Absolutely brilliant, any idea where they're going to go next with her?

Can't see anything beating her in Europe at present.

Thanks, sounds an interesting race!
She's very special isn't she? Hope she comes over on Champions' Day if not before

Whether she's good enough or not remains to be seen, but her running style is perfect for your typical frantic Arc.

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@Jun 8 2008, 03:25 PM
It was nice of her to wake up! Love this filly...
Yes and I am delighted to guess plenty of others feel the same. When she takes on the colts she will be a ridiculous price and will be lay material.

For sure, but when connections are talking of her as the best since Dalakhani and of the Arc its only right to put things into perspective.

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 8 2008, 03:44 PM
Yes and I am delighted to guess plenty of others feel the same. When she takes on the colts she will be a ridiculous price and will be lay material.
Ouija Board, Pride? You would be taking a risk!

Ouija Board never won an Arc, nor did Pride for all their brilliance.

If I laid them every time they took on the colts I would be in profit.

Agree with Suny OB failed in the Arc as a 3yo due to a bad ride.

Certainly this weekend has set up some posiibly mouthwatering clashes later in the season :clap:

Originally posted by Galileo@Jun 8 2008, 05:08 PM
For sure, but when connections are talking of her as the best since Dalakhani and of the Arc its only right to put things into perspective.
I was there again yesterday and TV doesn't do justice. She had it won 2f out, absolutely oozing class again. I admire your bravery, but 7s for the Arc this morning is definitely not a laying price. We can go on all day about her not having beaten anything again, but 3G1s in 5 runs isn't bad whatever the opposition.

And if not, just what is there out there real top class to beat this year.

I never said I would lay her at 7/1. But come Arc day if she turns up after beating the same fillys since she will go off favourite on the day.

I wouldn't want to be laying Zarkava for the Arc either. On yesterday's evidence she'll be very well suited by a further step up in trip and it looks likely from the comments of connections that she'll be given a typical French preparation for the race. Soldier Of Fortune would be a formidable opponent on soft ground but he's already priced accordingly. Zarkava just looks a real star to me.

Back