Friday 11th October 2024

yorick

Conditional
We now look at the cusp between the emerging NH and trailing off of the flat There are several I could be interested in today. Three of them are alert horses and although they wouldn't be standout bets, I will group them together in a very small patent to make sure they're covered.
Filibustering - 2.40 York 16/1
Brooklyn Nine Nine - 3.45 York 11/2

(with big respect going out to Wen Moon n the same race)
Rouge De L'Quest - 5.30 Chepstow 11/2
Ew Patent

If I was to have one bet today, it would be:

Super Superjack - 8.15 Kempton 16/1 Ew

I won't be forgetting this one's run at Goodwood the season before last where he finished second after coming with a wet sail in the final furlong, only to arrive too late, after much trouble in running. He might well have won that day with a clear run, given he lost by just 3/4L.

After being off the course for over 18 months, he's returned to racing and has been lightly raced this term, with just five runs since May. Two runs ago he returned to that Goodwood race and I had big hopes for him off 2Lbs lighter OR. It was not to be that day, which was a shame since he looked to be coming to hand prior to that, running on late at Ascot. They gave him a run lto to keep him going but the 12f that day was never going to be far enough. His five runs this season has resulted in a drop of 9Lbs and here he's dropped into cl5 off 73. I do think that the current 16/1 looks absurd. So there you go.

You know I love my chases and even more so novice handicap chases. At Chepstow, in the 4.25, we have one such.

It's a weird one, I know, but I fancy two against the field here and I do so on account of breeding. Both Destroytheevidence and Lord Snooty are overflowing with chasing blood. I backed LS several times last season and I know that he'll like the distance, for sure Destroytheevidence looks royally bred for chasing, too, being a Kayf Tara out of a Malinas mare. LS shows a Malinas out of a Supreme Leader mare.

I told you it was weird. I'll be doing two ew singles and a r/fcst with these two.

I also intend having two ew doubles with those two and Super Superjack

Last edited:
Yeah, nice 8/1 winner there.

Lord Snooty was a little ponderous and novicey, overall but I'll be keeping my eye on him, for sure.

Back