Friday 20th July 2023

yorick

Conditional
A truly torrid weekend and a continuation of a torrid run of 'form' at present.

But how can I not do:

Mattisfont Newmarket - 8.05 20/1 Ew

I've followed this one since her Ascot run behind Far To Shy at Ascot. A great run, I thought, against older horses in a h/cap. As a result, I backed her lto at Royal Ascot too and, again, thought she put in a nice run in a top class handicap.

Tomorrow they drop her back to 6f, down in grade to Cl 3 and, given her group race form last year over 7f, it's not impossible that the drop back will suit. She's visored first time, too. Trainer Morrison's had 3 winners from his last 5 runners.

At 20/1 she simply must be a bet.

Yes, the way things are going, I'm sure she'll get beaten but, be that as it may, I'm doing her Ew.

"Mottisfont didn't quite get home in the Sandringham over a mile at Royal Ascot but wasn't beaten far. I thought of running her last week in the valuable 6f handicap but it was an early closer, so we're here over seven. We're trying a visor and hopefully, that will keep her straight. Each-way chance at a big price."

Strange that they say 'Over seven' when, in fact, it's over 6f.

Odd.

Thanks for letting me know, C. :)

Yup. 'Ran on nearest finish' but not near enough - just out of the places. Same old, I'm afraid.

Deserve everything I get for not backing 4 places with Skybet.

Idiot.

Hope maybe you weren't as silly. Doh!

Yeah I think he got his races mixed up. Clearly 7f would have been better for us all round. I only went for the win, mid 30s on Betfair was too good to leave alone.

Another day!

If only I get my staking correct.

If I'd waited, been patient, I could've had 28/1 1/5 odds for 4 places with Sky.

That would have yielded a healthy profit indeed. A £10 Ew would've given a profit, after stake, of f£46.

I'll never make that mistake again, I promise myself.

I've done all the homework, picked the right horse, then made a loss.

Pathetic

Was at Ponte Carlo last night cheering it on in the on-course Tote (EW, 3 places) but now it's time to look forward to the next one so, as they say,

Onwards & upwards

Last edited:
Back