friday 23rd June 2023

yorick

Conditional
I made this note after Mottisfont's last run:

Mottisfont
13/05/23 Ascot 1m h/cap S/ft Cl 2
This was a good performance. Racing against older horses as a 3yo this early in the season, carrying 9st, constitutes a run of note.
From her form, it looks like she prefers goodish ground so this run, on soft, is boosted further. They were running this in group races last term and this race was her first h/cap.
Interesting, for sure. Especially if they race her back into 3yo h/caps and on better ground, whatever.

I have a feeling that this one may be quite well handicapped given her performances in group company last term and it may well be that she's even improved since then so, back into 3yo company the current 66/1 is a price I simply cannot ignore.

i t could be that the price will be even longer come post time.

Given all that, win or lose, she has to be an Ew bet for this handicap.

Jackie Oh looks to have favourite's chance but it's a 5/1 shot and I'd rather be on mine any day.

Mottisfont - 5.00 Ascot 66/1 Ew Sky bet 1/5th odds for 1st 8 Places.

Yup. Took 45/1 for 10 places. Finished 9th

Naturally I also went with the Skybet Ew for 8 places at 66/1 :thumbsdown:

So pleased she ran a lovely race and belied her odds

Last edited:
I cashed out my 40/1 and reinvested at 100/1 and took 50/1 10 places so happy with the profit.
Breege was my main bet and a bit unlucky as it was checked at the wrong time.

Well, however you got there, I'm just delighted that you profited from the efforts of Outsider, Di. Good on yer.

Me and outsider go back a long way, mate and he's one I respect immensely when it comes to the racing game. :adore:

Back