Friday 4th October 2024

yorick

Conditional
It's a well-known trait of mine that, whenever I have a profitable day, it's immediately followed by losers. That's what I'm expecting today but I'll share what I'm doing and then you can be witness to the fact.

Really, there's only one horse for me today yet I'm sure you'll be thinking me crazy for even sharing this:

Somebody's Fortune - 4.05 Hexham 12/1 Ew 4 places

Yes, I now. He's never jumped a fence and makes his chase debut today against more experienced rivals. However, you know me: breeding is my thing.

Let's be honest; this grade 5 handicap will hardly take much winning, will it? The horse who wins will not have to be a world beater.

Breeding-wise, this mare is just a six year old and you'd think they'd find more hurdling pots before graduating to the big 'uns but no: straight to fences in short shrift. She's had but six runs under rules, that's all.

So, a 3m chase. The sire is Malinas, daddy of Mighty Thunder, Back On The Lash, Mister Malarkey and Broadway Boy, to name a few. Her Grandsire is Fourstars Allstar, a long-time sire of many staying progeny over fences. I must say that when I saw this breeding in the profile of this race, SF seemed to jump off the page.

Lucinda has a very good record with chasers on the course and, all things considered, this would be my stand-out. Fat chance, eh?

It's a Friday, I have a leisurely day so I've had a meddle with small stakes thus:

Hutchence 2.47 Ascot
Go daddy - 3.57 Ascot
Rohaan - 4.30 Ascot
Win patent.

Sublime Heights - 2.00 Fontwell Ew 5/1
Somebody's Fortune 4.05 Hexham Ew 12/1
2 x Singles
Ew Double

This is FYI only and we'll see if I follow yesterday with a bucketful of horse dung.

Well, there you go. She may be bred to jump fences but today she wouldn't have jumped a twig. I suppose I'll chalk it up to a 'bad day at the office'. Now, of course, I'll be keeping my eye on her.

Strange, I know, but that's NH.

It's a well-known trait of mine that, whenever I have a profitable day, it's immediately followed by losers. That's what I'm expecting today but I'll share what I'm doing and then you can be witness to the fact.

Really, there's only one horse for me today yet I'm sure you'll be thinking me crazy for even sharing this:

Somebody's Fortune - 4.05 Hexham 12/1 Ew 4 places

Yes, I now. He's never jumped a fence and makes his chase debut today against more experienced rivals. However, you know me: breeding is my thing.

Let's be honest; this grade 5 handicap will hardly take much winning, will it? The horse who wins will not have to be a world beater.

Breeding-wise, this mare is just a six year old and you'd think they'd find more hurdling pots before graduating to the big 'uns but no: straight to fences in short shrift. She's had but six runs under rules, that's all.

So, a 3m chase. The sire is Malinas, daddy of Mighty Thunder, Back On The Lash, Mister Malarkey and Broadway Boy, to name a few. Her Grandsire is Fourstars Allstar, a long-time sire of many staying progeny over fences. I must say that when I saw this breeding in the profile of this race, SF seemed to jump off the page.

Lucinda has a very good record with chasers on the course and, all things considered, this would be my stand-out. Fat chance, eh?

It's a Friday, I have a leisurely day so I've had a meddle with small stakes thus:

Hutchence 2.47 Ascot
Go daddy - 3.57 Ascot
Rohaan - 4.30 Ascot
Win patent.

Sublime Heights - 2.00 Fontwell Ew 5/1
Somebody's Fortune 4.05 Hexham Ew 12/1
2 x Singles
Ew Double

This is FYI only and we'll see if I follow yesterday with a bucketful of horse dung.
I now understand why you are a gardener;)

Back