Friday/ sat

Outsider

Journeyman
the first race at ascot tomorrow is a race for amateur jockeys which could be a recipe for disaster.
I think Yoricks PERSUASION is interesting along with TOMFRE.
ABLE KANE is a horse I put up before and I'm a bit worried about 7f on a stiff track.
But of course I've got to back YOUNG FIRE Mikey Ennis rides and is well hcapped even with topweight.7/1

Only one race interests me at the moment on saturday ,the challenge cup hcap at Ascot.
I dont know what's going to win it with so many of my horses in it.
Mr O'Meara has his usual in it and all can be given a chance.
I dont want BLUE FOR YOU to win as I've backed it for the Balmoral over a mile which I think he needs.
RHOSCOLYN has a 5lb claimer on which gives him a good chance.
SHELIR is off its highest mark but this 7f is better for him and I expect him to run a big race from the front.

I still think ORBAAN is better suited to a mile but did win over c/d at the shergar cup.
I backed FRESH when he won earlier in the season and SAFE VOYAGE when it was 2nd in ireland.
SYMBOLIZE was 2nd off this mark last year
And RIVER NYMPH has run a couple of eye catching races.
But after all that I've done
BOARDMAN 16/1 I did snaffle a bit of 25/1 a/p.
I've liked this horse all season.i think he travels strongly with a finishing kick and have been waiting for it to run in one of these big races.maybe one negative is D.Allan rides at Redcar but Connor Beasley is a good sub.
So he is the pick.

Young fire was disappointing today.i think that was his worst run of the season.

Saturday at Longchamp I have to do JONKO in the 400. 10/1 4 places.
Finished half a lenght 2nd to AL HAKEEM last time.
And as I've done that for the arc then I hope he Frank's the form.

2nd beaten a head 12/1

Last edited:
SPRING BLOOM 445 A 25/1 is too big in my opinion.
Two races ago he and alligator alley both got hampered and he finished on the bridle.
Unplaced at windsor since but I can see it bouncing back.

NR

Last edited:
Funny. SBloom is an alert horse for me, too, OS, and although he looks out of it here, I'll still have a tiny tickle.

I've also done SHELIR 336A 25/1 6 places is worth a go.beat boardman last time .

The 300 a is a good sprint and COMMANCHE FALLS 11/2 3rd deserves to run in one of these races and is 7lb better off with SUMMERGHAND 12/1 2ndso should have a chance of reversing the ayr gold cup form.but you never know with summerghand.
FRENCH RESCUE 305K 5/1 4th did me a good turn last time when it won at a big price and should run well again.

STRIKE RED 730W 8/1 1st[/ B]drops in grade but needs to break better.well hcapped but getting frustrating. 1st

BILLY NO MATES 507R 6/1 3rd step up in trip should suit.

Although Give It Some Teddy looks to have a good chance in the 357R I'm going to do his stablemate CASSY O 16/1 won a qualifier for this and somehow is 11lb lower now.

Spring bloom 25/1
Al hakeem 25/1
Caturra 25/1
Boardman 16/1
Cassie o 16/1

Ew Canadian...you never know 5 places would be nice.

Good luck.

Last edited:
yorick;bt1127 said:
Funny. SBloom is an alert horse for me, too, OS, and although he looks out of it here, I'll still have a tiny tickle.

Price dictates.i just think 25s is too big not to have a small bet.

Not a bad day with most placed and STRIKE RED helped.

JUNKO ran a crwcker,I just hope Al hakeem can do the same in the Arc.
Now blue across the board.

Boardman ran respectually 8th.
Shelir was very disappointing. I went in at 23/1 9 places and it couldnt even manage that.
Mr O'Meara strikes again though,what a season hes had in these big hcaps.

I think Fahey highlighted somewhere that Strike Red was very well handicapped, but I’m damned if I can find it now. Nice one, anyway :)

Back