Futurity Stakes

Guest_

At the Start
Futurity 5 day stage is below. The likes of New Approach, Teofilo, Oratorio, Hawk Wing, Giants Causeway, have all won this recently. Plenty of interesting types left in…

Arazan
Born To Be King
Broad Meaning
Bushranger
Driving Snow
Drumbeat
Gaelic Chief
Gan Amhras
Gluteus Maximus
Grand Ducal
Hail Caesar
Indian Ocean
Lord Shanakill
Masterofthehorse
Peter Tchaikovsky
Prayer Boat
Rip Van Winkle
Sawtooth Mountain
Sea Of Marmara
Set Sail
Shaweel
Three Way Stretch
Vilasol
Westphalia

If one of O Briens wins this Gpr 2 race and has a staying pedigree, such as Hail Caesar, or Indian Ocean, i would expect the anti post price for the Derby to be cut. Both available at 33-1 at the moment. Interesting to see which ones O.B decides to run.

Strange that alot of firms do not give a quote for INDIAN OCEAN on their anti post betting ( Derby ) , but when you contact them firms like VC and the Tote, SJAMES only go 25-1 , which is shorter than Hail Caesar at 33-1 yet they quote that one.

I would think Murtagh will ride Rip Van Winkle if he runs (seems the logical race for him). Interesting to see Mastercraftsman left in as well though. I would find it hard to look past either of those if they turn up.

Of the others Arazan and Three Way Stretch look most interesting in the context of this race.

Will he run though, Gal? (I did say in the context of this race)

I would have thought something like the Beresford would suit him.

Rip Van Winkle looks a good prospect, but the form is not there in the book
Cuis Ghaire is regressing since mid June, so she is not a marker.

Arazan (JMOxx)
Driving Snow (GB)(97) (KPrendergast) -
Drumbeat(95) (APO'Brien)
Gluteus Maximus(91) (APO'Brien)
Grand Ducal(102) (APO'Brien)
Prayer Boat (JJMurphy)
Ryehill Dreamer(105) (TStack) -
Sawtooth Mountain (USA)(101)(APO'Brien)
Three Way Stretch(94) (JTGorman)
Vilasol(102) (KPrendergast) -
Westphalia(110) (APO'Brien)

Might see something decent then in the Champagne Stakes. Westphalia might not be the toughest sort but he will relish the going.

I think ryehill dreamer will win. His last run at goodwood was a great example of a badly placed horse. This horse needs a stiff 7f or a mile.

Arazan is the interesting non-Obrien runner.

Of the five AOB trained, the 2nd favourite is 18/1. That surprises me a little.

Very nice indeed, the worry is the trainer has stated he needs an ease in the going. But if it comes up soft in the National Stakes he will put it up to the O'Brien selection thats for sure.

Good to see the Oxx horses running well again.

Must agree that was impressive, anyone see the maiden, I noticed good money for Oxx's but unplaced, anyone see how it ran ?

Frozen Storm was impressive in the fillies maiden. She stretched away to win in a time 3.5 seconds faster than the G2 Futurity.

Bolger has another Galileo filly to look forward to.

Arazan must be a grp 1 horse, very impressive. I didn't think he'd go on that ground,that is why I prefered Ryehill who is good enough to win an ordinary grp 2 and is crying out for a mile.

Arazan must be a grp 1 horse, very impressive. I didn't think he'd go on that ground,that is why I prefered Ryehill who is good enough to win an ordinary grp 2 and is crying out for a mile.

Oxx says he would not like to risk him on fast ground next year...a warning to antepost backers.

Funny that, when I saw him win on good-fm ground in Leop he looked happy enough on it and I thought he probably needed it quick like Azamour but hey who am I to argue with Mr Oxx. One things for sure he goes on soft. Looks like Mr oxx might have a good year next year. Loved that half to Galileo that won at leop last week too. Looked a star.

Back