Gallops

Flame

At the Start
Dear All;

Some recent gallops

Friday 26th September 2008

Sir Mark PrescottAl Bahathri

A quiet morning for the Prescott team but the Cambridgeshire duo Caravel and Master Of Arts worked together in a good pipe opener over 7f. The pair were led by Soft Morning with the trio being held together on the bridle all matching strides. Caravel looks the main hope at this stage and is in good form, although heavy rain to make the Newmarket ground soft would increase the claims of Master Of Arts.

Saturday 27th September 2008

Michael Jarvis – Limekilns

A main workout for Tattersalls Timeform Million candidate Sri Putra on the trial ground this morning. Going 7f with his 3yo lead he moved smartly throughout opening up when asked in the closing stages of the workout. The yard feel he could be a little bit useful and he looks sure to run a big race on Saturday having opted not to take on Wingwalker on Thursday.

Once raced Tiger Eye looks to have improved from her debut and having hung left handed late on at Yarmouth she looked sure to improve a ton for the experience. She looks to have come on for that initial effort and she moved smartly with a useful lead over 6f.

Slightly more backward Lady Of Intrigue gives the impression she could be a shade useful. Working with two unraced companions she was shaken up over the 7f to get on top but appears a filly with plenty of scope.

Kite Wood had a blowout alongsides another juvenile winner and looked in good heart travelling much the better of the duo. He looks a promising type who could well be aimed at the Racing Post Trophy.

Sir Michael Stoute – Limekilns

A very busy morning for the Stoute team, who put many of their decent sorts through their paces.

Perfect Stride continues to look in great form and having bounced at Goodwood last time he took command of his trio in a strong workout. Led by Cambridgeshire hopeful Lang Shining, The Oasis Dream colt faces a hard task against Bankable and Eddie Jock on Friday but looked in good order moving on by a length to his lead with a Ryan Moore ridden Visit just behind at the back of the trio. It was a strong workout over 7f which suggested Perfect Stride in back in the form that saw him win at Ascot.

Papal Bull looked comfortable in his gallop over 7f and nudged along in his usual style he came through towards the end of his gallop to edge on from Kings Event. He won’t mind the rain that is falling in Longchamp and seems in good form.

Kingdom Of Fyfe continues to look a horse on the up and he looked in good form as he moved on by 3/4L in his 7f workout with Warringah (Kieren Fallon) and one other. The trio went a nice gallop but in his usual workmanlike style Kingdom Of Fyfe came through late to edge on from a Fallon ridden Warringah.

In the most serious gallop of the first workers Evasive really caught the eye. Under Ryan Moore he was very impressive in his 6f gallop stretching on from J D Smith ridden lead horse Mirrored. This was a strong piece of work and gave the impression Evasive is a cut above average.

The majority of the remaining workers came up in single file, soloing over 5f – 7f.

Having impressed at Doncaster Main Aim went a good lick burning up over the 5f and he looks in cracking form ahead of his step up to listed company on Thursday. He should go well.

Quotation was another to catch the eye and she moved well over 7f. Given a bit of a shocker last time she remains well handicapped.

Tuesday 30th September 2008

Saeed bin Suroor – Limekilns

A good workout up the 7f stretch this morning highlighted a nice sort. Sirocco Breeze looks a decent unraced Green Desert 3yo and he impressed in the highest order this morning. Led by New Guinea, both Sirocco Breeze and Filios moved nicely alongsides before quickening up in good style. Sirocco Breeze looked a very smart colt as he then went on by 3/4L and gives the impression he will be very hard to beat when debuting at Leicester on Tuesday.

Henry Cecil – Limekilns

Jack Dawkins bypasses the Cambridgeshire in favour of a handicap at Pontefract on Monday where Tom Queally will ride. Working over 7f this morning he moved nicely under Eddie Ahern striding on by around a length from consistent lead horse Timetable. He moved really well under Ahern and should appreciate the stiff mile at Pontefract.

Phoenix Tower continues his preparation for the Champion Stakes in good order and looked in ride health held together by regular work rider Tony Proctor. Joined upsides by Tom Queally partnered Twice Over the pair strided out nicely in front of their lead horse Rattan over 7f. Phoenix Tower has not stopped improving this season and remains in good form whilst Twice Over has done little wrong in his work either.

Sir Mark PrescottAl Bahathri

Sir Mark used the all weather Al Bahathri surface to put his horses through their paces and Cambridgeshire duo Caravel and Master Of Arts had a good blowout over 6f. The pair who went a nice clip in a pipe-opener for Saturday moved well with Master Of Arts moving on by 1/2L near the end of the gallop. Neither horse was really asked to do much however and more emphasis will be on Caravel at the weekend who has the ground most likely to suit him at present.

Phoenix Flight (Jean Pierre Guillambert) has been sidelined for most of the season through injury but he looks in good form now. The Hawk Wing gelding was highly regarded at 2 but had a few setbacks along the way. Rated 75 he has been in building work of late but had a serious blow out this morning ahead of Friday’s run at Wolverhampton. Led over 7f by Points Of View with Sourire just in behind he opened up in good style taking just over a length out of Sourire as the pair went a couple of lengths away from their lead horse Points Of View. Showing supremacy over a 81 and 90 rated companions he is clearly well handicapped off of 75 and he has been found a weak 0-75 to run in on Friday. He would be a very confident bet for me as this 9.5f trip should really suit him and he is one of the more promising 3yos in the yard.

Reporters Advice

Best Bet

Wingwalker (Henry Cecil) had his form boosted by Rileyskeepingfaith today and he has been seriously impressive in his home work of late. The yard think he could well be the best chance they have had of winning the Guineas for some time and he is expected to win on Thursday.

Ahead Of The Handicapper

Phoenix Flight (Sir Mark Prescott) moved impressively with 81 and 90 rated companions on Tuesday morning and surely should be able of collecting a 0-75 after an absence on Friday night at Wolverhampton.

One To Note

Exemplary (Saeed Bin Suroor) is showing up well in his early gallops and looks the light at the end of the tunnel for the Godolphin team. He could well be a class act in the making and is one to be excited about.

Dark Horse

Moral Maze (John Gosden) has not been asked too many serious questions at home but appears to be a nice type who could be a nice 3yo in the making.

Good Luck

Chris

Wingwalker was disappointing there. Looked a bit all over the place on fast ground and probably capable of much better with an ease in the ground. But does not look a Guineas horse or a horse that enjoyed the dip in Newmarket.

Yes, good shots of him in a hurry and stretching Tom's muscles.

Then stumbled during the race, appearing to lose his action.

No surprise to hear that he was found to be lame.

Chris, what do you make of the Joel Stakes tommorrow? Fast ground doesn't look likely to show Bankable to best effect.

Perfect Stride caught my eye as an unexposed sort who should be ideally suited by fast ground after winning an Ascot handicap impressively- a race that has worked out very well. If his last run is forgiven due to not handling the track, he looks a horse that might well be Pattern class.

Similar comments apply to Noseda's Fanjura- totally unexposed, last run easily forgiven- and with Murtagh booked tommorrow, he is interesting as well.

TBH I probably won't have a bet, having only glanced at the race, but worth stimulating a bit of discussion!

Any word on either of those Chris?

He bolted to post

Therein lies the problem, you can get away with things like that against 85/90 rated horses on the way up, but not in Group company. There's definitely plenty of ability there, but Cecil will have a job on harnessing it and I agree with Galileo, he's anything but a Guineas horse at the moment.

Taking the grakle noseband off him was a massive mistake, IMO. I commented to the people I was with earlier about it, especially since he bolted to post. My prediction was that he wouldn't settle, he'd pull like a bastard and not make it home.

I think the horse is an ignorant mule with attitude, myself.

Chris, what do you make of the Joel Stakes tommorrow? Fast ground doesn't look likely to show Bankable to best effect.

Perfect Stride caught my eye as an unexposed sort who should be ideally suited by fast ground after winning an Ascot handicap impressively- a race that has worked out very well. If his last run is forgiven due to not handling the track, he looks a horse that might well be Pattern class.

Similar comments apply to Noseda's Fanjura- totally unexposed, last run easily forgiven- and with Murtagh booked tommorrow, he is interesting as well.

TBH I probably won't have a bet, having only glanced at the race, but worth stimulating a bit of discussion!

Any word on either of those Chris?

Ground does worry me about Bankable. Perfect Stride is flying and is in top form. I can't help you with Fanjura. Due to a falling out with Noseda we don't watch his work anymore so I can't help you there.

Gallops Update

Panic pleases Munro in vital workout

Alan Munro remained full of confidence ahead of Saturday's Totesport Cambridgeshire as he put Don't Panic through his paces on the Limekilns on Tuesday morning. Moving nicely in behind lead horse Jaser he opened up under hand riding to assert by 2L. Don't Panic hasn't been seen since he was 4th at Epsom in June but appeared none the worse for his absence striding on purposely over the 7f. Alan Munro was impressed with the geldings attitude and providing they get some rain he could run well at long odds.

Caravel and Master Of Arts matched strides over 6f on the Al Bahathri and moved nicely on the bridle. Having their final blowout Master Of Arts was sitting half a length up on his stable companion.

Virtual was another to please on Wednesday morning as he strode clear of World Time in a strong 7f workout. Asked to quicken he opened up in easy style going some 3 - 4 L clear of his companion.

Over on the Limekilns, Ascot Lime (Runs Friday) impressed over 6f edging on by 2L from Cambridgeshire hopeful Lang Shining. The pair moved well in unison suggesting Ascot Lime can continue his upward curve on Friday at Newmarket.

Also worth noting for Friday are Huntdown who continues to please in his work with Legislation, whilst our best bet comes in the form of EVASIVE who having worked with Glass Harmonium of late and showed he was in fine form on Wednesday morning when he went 5L clear of Battle Hero under Kieren Fallon.

Sir Mark Prescott is the man to follow on Friday night at Wolves as he sends Phoenix Flight out for the first time this season. Moving easily with 81 and 90 rated companions, the 75 rated gelding impressed connections to suggest he will take the world of beating off 75 on Friday.

Best Bets

EVASIVE - Nap Newmarket Friday

Ascot Lime - Nb Newmarket Friday

Phoenix Flight - Treble Wolverhampton Friday

Caravel (Win Market) / Don't Panic (Place Market) - Cambridgeshire

Regards

Chris

Saeed bin Suroor – Limekilns

A good workout up the 7f stretch this morning highlighted a nice sort. Sirocco Breeze looks a decent unraced Green Desert 3yo and he impressed in the highest order this morning. Led by New Guinea, both Sirocco Breeze and Filios moved nicely alongsides before quickening up in good style. Sirocco Breeze looked a very smart colt as he then went on by 3/4L and gives the impression he will be very hard to beat when debuting at Leicester on Tuesday.

Won nicely didn't he, Chris? Looked a very weak maiden (and with the benefit of hindsight he was probably a big price even at 3's given the quality of the race), but he travelled much the best and won pretty much as he liked. Nice mover as well and better grounder shouldn't hold any fears. Interesting prospect when he goes up in class.

He goes to the sales as far as I know, unless that will make them reconsider, won a bit on him but like you said by Green Desert ground was a worry and he needs a mile.

A year ago he was the one I mentioned working better than Ibn Khaldun before he done his Pelvis. I know he only beat tree's today but he has always been their best colt and was their best 2yo before injury struck, at least he is on the way back.

Must say I'm very surprised to hear he goes to the sales (or that he was even entered TBH). He's obviously had his problems but I would hope he'll make up into a Pattern class performer if he ramains sound.

Back