Galway and Punchestown

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Great to see some proper racing the last few days. Luska Lad looks like he could run up a sequence this season. Ruby Walsh was excellent on Pyscho today and gave a masterclass on Beroni yesterday. That was the good but I dont think Ive ever seen so many non-triers. The 2.35 in Galaway yesterday stands out. I had no bet but the drift on Merchent Paddy before the race and him never being put in the race go hand in hand.

Agree with you there Ger, a lot of horses out for a spin, i can see why, but its pretty blatant. A Few horses been punted off the boards the last few days, like Beroni and The Hurl today, and it was more or less on the basis that they were ready to go and the main opposition blatantly werent.

Good to see the jumps back, i like the flat, and am way more profitable on it, but i do love the jumps once its back up and running.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. Some big market moves for the triers. Id have thought Merchent Paddy is a stone well in on his chase mark nevermind his hurdle mark. Never put in the race and out with the washing with 22Lbs in hand on his chase form. He will win a big handicap this year but yesterday was an insult to punters.

Yep, if you looked at the race overnight and had a bet on the basis of what forms available and have a punt,you can be left feeling stupid half an hour before the race when its obvious from the betting that horse isnt off a yard and is ridden similarly. Il be watching the irish racing closely all the same the next few weeks for punts like i have just mentioned. Might turn a profit!

The people who will turn a profit are those privy to whats off and whats not. As ever a blind eye will turned. On a slightly seperate point how did Alan Sweetman come up with a tissue of 7-4 for Silver Jaro today?

A very valid point!! In fairness to him, he threw me completely and i didnt have a bet in the race, so probably saved me a few bob.

Sweetman is good, very good in fact but I doubt anyone could justify making him a 7-4 shot today. Does anyone know what the best price was in the morning?

An example of what we were talkin about may be in the 1.45 race,

Danderry 3/1 into 2/1
Ballymak 5/2 out to 3/1

Missf the one race I wantf to see. Was Sweeps Hill impressive? For Bill is thd obvious one in the bumper. Does anyone know his best price this morning?

If you want to stop one in Ireland you send it to Galway on the heavy ground, give the protagonists a 20+ length lead and then niggle along at the back. Comment in running reads:

"held up in rear, niggled along 3 out, struggling when mistake 2 out, eased after last, beaten 125 lengths"

Wait until it's "off" and your money is down - race it handy and it can show it's ability.

Missf the one race I wantf to see. Was Sweeps Hill impressive? For Bill is thd obvious one in the bumper. Does anyone know his best price this morning?

Farce of a race, they walked most of it and Sweeps Hill was always holding him comfortably after recovering from a steep jump at the last.

Back