Get your tickets now!

Colin Phillips

At the Start
Courses roll out ticket offers for jump festivals

BY HOWARD WRIGHT 12:11PM 4 SEP 2011

SUMMER hardly arrived; autumn is still around the corner, but big-event racecourses are already planning months ahead, with Christmas and the Cheltenham and Aintree festivals firmly in mind.

Tickets for Market Rasen's Boxing Day meeting have gone on sale, offering discounts for advanced booking online at marketrasenraces.co.uk, or by calling 08445 793009. There is no saving on premier enclosure entry at £28, but the course warns that this area generally sells out first.

A variety of packages, covering entry and dining are on offer, costing from £20 to £88.

Cheltenham opened booking last week for all enclosures at its 16 fixtures starting with the Showcase meeting on October 14-15, including the Festival from March 13-16.

Gold Cup day on the Friday is invariably a sell-out and the course executive is expecting 2012 to be no different.

Cheltenham is repeating its joint initiative with Gloucester RFC by offering a combined ticket, ata discount rate, to cover racing on October 14, January 1 and March 15 and Premiership rugby at Gloucester. Tickets are available online at Cheltenham.co.uk, or by calling 0844 579 3003.

Aintree is a month into its sales pitch for the John Smith's Grand National meeting from April 12-14, and all areas are now open for booking by the general public. Details are available and bookings can be made online at Aintree.co.uk or by calling 0844 579 3001.

Hospitality bookings should be made online or by phone at 0844 411 7176. Packages are available in a dozen sites in the grandstands and weighing-rooms areas.

Anyone who is a regular at Cheltenham or Newmarket or any of the other Jockey Club Racecourses should have a close look at the Rewards 4 Racing scheme. It works out really well for me as I shop at Sainsburys and regularly buy stuff at Amazon and as a result it's worth several hundred pounds a year to me off the price of tickets.

And, no, I'm not on commission.

Back