Glencove Marina

How great to see him back with a win like that. Will probably never reach past promises but he is some jumper and just lovely to see him back in good terms with himself. I loved him as a novice.

How great to see him back with a win like that. Will probably never reach past promises but he is some jumper and just lovely to see him back in good terms with himself. I loved him as a novice.

Hope he can go on for this. Is there a race for him at Punchestown festival Gal.
Not fully up to speed with all the races there.

Hope he can go on for this. Is there a race for him at Punchestown festival Gal.
Not fully up to speed with all the races there.

It should be said he was very very well treated by todays race conditions so we should not go over board. But you would imagine he will relish better ground and that another run will bring him on again. He is still only 8.

I am sure they will find a race for him at Punchestown but aside from a handicap they will be taking on Grade 1 animals. You would think he will get an entry in the big three mile chase - entries close for that this coming week.

Willie Mullins commented of the Ruby Walsh-ridden winner (the pair completing a double after the victory of Lilywhitedancer earlier): "He ran too free the last day in Clonmel but he put it together better now. We'll look forward to Punchestown now and I'd imagine he'll have to go for the Guinness Gold Cup.

"J'y Vole and Cooldine will also be going for that race. He could have the class to go back to two miles but I don't think that he will."

His jumping really caught my eye. His leaps at the last two were foot perfect. I was left thinking that is a Gold Cup horse next year but as Gal said bewase impressive performances with such generous conditions.

Any idea what either charge?

A little and a lot would be my guess. Griffin was on his knees for a good while so I'd imagine he'd be happy to train greyhounds at the moment. The owner has also cut back on his interests and I'm sure cash is king at the moment. But I could be completely wrong on that!!

PS one of the reasons Harrington is getting so many flat horses is because she is a good bit cheaper than the top flat boys......and she's a good trainer of course!!

Last edited:
I presume it's because Griffin is considerably cheaper than Willie.

Brennan and Mullins would be fairly close,I think you are barking up the wrong tree.Maybe they are hoping that the move will revitalize the horse or possibly they will be happy to win what they can with the horse.
Heard that Snowy Morning has also moved from Mullins.

Brennan and Mullins would be fairly close,I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

I did say I could be completely wrong, although I think the "cash is king" piece is relevant.

Snowy Morning is interesting. Aren't those the lads that own Cousin Vinny?

Snowy Morning is owned by a syndicate mostly from Wexford and KK.He will stay in Ireland this winter-similar colours but no connection with Cousin Vinny as far as I know.

Back