Glenfinn Captain

Guest_

At the Start
Nice to see a bit more spark in this horse again....won well at Clonmel today. A useful novice hurdler, and looked a decent chaser in the making before colic struck. Struggled to return to his best last season but a summers break appears to have done him alot of good today. Won easily on ground he just about handles and after dossing all the way up the straight.

Rated 135 over fences, will probably go up a bit again but he could be capable of better again. Either way good to see him finding his form again.

Agreed, Gal. I had him marked down as a novice chaser to follow after his novice hurdle season, and he didn't disappoint first time up. I remember he was bowling along in front in his second start over hurdles (might have been the Baileys Arkle?) when he took a crashing fall about four out.

I often wondered whether the memory of that, rather than his bout of colic, might have explained why he was somewhat disappointing as a handicapper. Good to see him get his head in front again.

I remember Taaffe saying the horse had to get a serious amount of intestine removed because of the colic. Something like that might have taken its toll on him.

Wrong at the weights but I fancy Glenfinn Captain to beat Snowy Morning, Clopf and co tomorrow at Clonmel.

Ground has to be a major worry surely.

What is O'Grady playing at running Clopf over 2m4f on heavy ground BTW?

Definite watching brief for me.

Back