Goodddddddddddddd.....

Shows that the flat season is too long - far too many boring weekends with just two bit handicaps and hardly any group racing.

Only thing is I think York this year (weather permitting) is going to be exceptional. Ascot and Goodwood this year have had top class (brilliant) individual races but also loads that I could pass over. I think York with Sea The Stars, Sariska and all the two year olds is going to be cracking right the way through.

I think some of the weekends need looking at...and some of the races need upgrading prizewize..thinking of the KG for one

I enjoyed the KG..great race ...but I didn't really look forward to it like I used to..due to it now not attracting the best 3yo's

The leger is another big race weekend thats a damp squib

both these races need something doing with them to try and bring back some former glory

i know its only two weekends but it would be a start.

It's been crap since the Eclipse for me.

I agree although I did enjoy the Sussex Stakes. I have taken a break from betting since the 5th June and have been surprised how easy I found resisting getting involved though I am still keeping tabs on events.

Going to get back in the saddle on the Tues and Weds of the Ebor meeting.

I think taking a rest after Ascot is the way forward, I went away for 2 months last Summer and made a decent amount in the Autumn and through the Winter on the AW and March-May this year was unbelievable but it's been awful since then.

Speaking to people who apply similar tactics to me said last summer between Ascot and Arc was horrendous and I can see why on this evidence! I do think it's partially down to the weather, we've seemed to have got into a routine of having hot May and June's and then very unpredictable July and August's before it picks up again in the Autumn.

I've now just set aside a small pot of cash to play with until the Arc as I can't back winners for love nor money at present, I'll step back on it again in the Autumn I suspect.

Yeah, the weather screwed us last year. Thank God Arc day (Overdose fans notwithstanding) and especially the Breeders Cup were well up to scratch.

Back