Henrythenavigat' , Winker Watson
    Savarain , Colony , Goodwood Starli'
    Algarade , Ghaidaa , Lee Miller
    Slant , Sterling Sound , Victoria Sponge
  • 648 line at £0.10 per line
  • Total stake for this bet: £64.80
  • Total stake:£64.80
Just a small placepot today;

Really wonderful to see Baddam back in form, he has been such a lovely horse for connections. Must have been sweetened up! And another good ride from Johnny.

yep, i was roaring home Baddam all the way, he was lovely at Channons. proper lovely horse, sad owner wasnt there to see him, now he is bed ridden.

I wondered what had happened to his onwer as last summer he had said that he wanted to take his life. Very sad if he is now bed ridden and cannot even get out anywhere.

I think Baddam is the kind of horse who needs a smaller yard than Channon's and clearly has done well since being switched.

I love these old stayers. Now if only Sergeant Cecil would run well tomorrow!

I wondered what had happened to his onwer as last summer he had said that he wanted to take his life. Very sad if he is now bed ridden and cannot even get out anywhere.

I think Baddam is the kind of horse who needs a smaller yard than Channon's and clearly has done well since being switched.

I love these old stayers. Now if only Sergeant Cecil would run well tomorrow!

Not sure how you can say that, Mick got him to win an Ascot Stakes, Queen Alexandra and was a good 5th to Yeats in a Goodwood Cup.

That was a huge comedown to the levels he was winning at for Mick.

No, I did not mean in general, I meant now that he is an older horse. Channon did do well with him, of course, I was there for both his Ascot wins. But it is such a big yard and they just cannot afford to spend that much time keeping one horse happy. These stayers thrive on being treated like pets and seem to like having things their own way when older. Many of them come right again if moved to somewhere that they can be the centre of attention.

Another win for your placepot!

yep, i was roaring home Baddam all the way, he was lovely at Channons. proper lovely horse, sad owner wasnt there to see him, now he is bed ridden.

I did wonder about that, very sad, he was threatening to kill himself a couple of years ago wasn't he? Shame Baddam was moved from Channon's but great to see him back to his best

He was moved because Noel lived in Birmingham and it was becomming impossible for him to go to Micks to see his horses, so he moved them to Redditch where Ian trains.

Wouldnt quite say he was back to his best Heads.

He has 3 with Dandy but thats because Dandy wanted to buy them and I think once Noel decides enough is enough he will buy them.

I see, that makes sense for Martin. His is such a sad story, one can only wish him well and enjoy any success he has

I should have said 'back to winning races' I guess - granted the level is lower :rolleyes:

Hard luck story from this punter I'm afraid ~ the Delargy placepot read thus:

1. Tomina
2. Orizaba
3. Henrythenavigator & Raven's Pass
4. Savarain, Colony, Love Galore, Manyriverstocross & Always Bold
5. Spell Caster
6. Victoria Sponge

10 x £5 lines

To all intents and purposes, I had five grand on Victoria Sponge to be placed in the last and to say I'm gutted would be an understatement. Buggery

It wasn't that Baddam's owner threatened to kill himself - he actually arranged a date to be "put to death" if you like in Switzerland, I think it was. He told everybody he was going to do it and wrote in his book that he'd planned to die [with help] on that date which was last summer I believe.

It wasn't that Baddam's owner threatened to kill himself - he actually arranged a date to be "put to death" if you like in Switzerland, I think it was. He told everybody he was going to do it and wrote in his book that he'd planned to die [with help] on that date which was last summer I believe.

I believe the delight the neo-nazis took in looking forward to the event changed Mr Martin's mind, and rightly so, imo. The less pleasure that lot get, the better for the world in general.

Back