Gordon Elliott Festival Top Trainer?

harry

At the Start
Good piece in the RP today about his horses.
He always seems to do well in the handicaps and now has the Grade 1 horses.
Hes around 4/1 top trainer without Mullins and 20/1 outright.
Any thoughts on his chances?
I would rather him on my side than Nicholls and Henderson this particular year.

Yes, I read it earlier Harry. The journo makes a strong case and it's hard to argue that he makes more appeal at this stage than either Hendo or Nicholls but if I was playing in the w/o market I'd probably go for Tizzard at treble the price given that he's already got a winner on the board IMHO (Thistlecrack) and also has Native River & Theatre Guide on the first day + Cue Card in the Gold Cup amongst others.

Last edited:
One the early Tuesday morning exercise most Irish trainers have their horses off the course before WPM batallion arrive, the only exception being the Elliot string who hold their ground and are numerically stronger year on year.he had 20 plus last year and probably up to 30 this year.

I think this is a great bet & best priced 10/3 with Skybet (some shrewdies are on at 5/1….:whistle:)

Can also understand the thinking behind Tizzard, but he’ll only have half a dozen runners compared to the Elliott battalions and think he’s just best played in multis

No probs.
Ive tried lots of the less well known books and will post which ones are fine to use when I get a bit of time.
Lots of free bets and/or bonuses to use for Cheltenham.

All the mart lads (i.e me) are on Noble Endeavour for the 4 miler. Absolutely wins.

All the mart lads (i.e me) are on Noble Endeavour for the 4 miler. Absolutely wins.

I took 20/1 ew a while ago and laid off the win portion at 9.8. Can't see it beating Vicente or Native River and will happily lay off the place portion at short odds to no risk nearer the day. Looks a decent back-up.

I agree with the opening post 4/1 was decent and you couldn't back Henderson or Nicholls.

Will Hills have G Elliot 8/1 No Winner l think that looks a bit over priced myself and have put a bit on it .

Anyone have a transcript? Any word/confidence behind De Plotting Shed in the Coral Cup would be music to my ears.

I took the decision not to send Sutton Place to be an indication that Elliott is going to seriously target the Irish trainers title.

I took the decision not to send Sutton Place to be an indication that Elliott is going to seriously target the Irish trainers title.

Yes and No

JP doesn't need another runner in the CH

He is a horse with a bright future and is lacking on experience

He will indeed take a nice pot at one of the spring festivals

I wonder which clever forumite asked Gordon that question :D

One the early Tuesday morning exercise most Irish trainers have their horses off the course before WPM batallion arrive, the only exception being the Elliot string who hold their ground and are numerically stronger year on year.he had 20 plus last year and probably up to 30 this year.

The Tuesday morning posing will be most interesting this year with team GE numerically stronger; will he come out after WPM and upstage him?
There was a little altercation between GE and a WPM staff member at Leopardstown January; it might well have been nothing but adds to the spice of life all the same.
i urge anyone travelling to make the effort to get to the racecourse by 8am as it has become a highlight of the year for me; still all to play for.

Back