Gowran 8th July 2011

trefflich

Rookie
Going to Gowran this evening as part of a work do. I would appreciate if anyone has any fancies/knowledge to impart from the card this evening?

Like the look of Triumphant in the 6.35 and Sloane Street in the 8.45. Sloane Street should act best on the ground out of this lot.

Anyway,all angles/info would be much appreciated as I may look like 'The Oracle' for the colleagues!!:D

Last edited:
Stony silence on this topic...to be expected I suppose! Not a great card but the 2yo maiden looks a good race. O'Brien has a particular fondness for Gowran and runs decent 2yo horses there year in year out. My picks are as follows:

17.35 Zabarajad (Too short, no bet in this race)
18.05 Silly Dancer (Good Course Form)
18.35 O'Brien Horse (see what market says,looks primed for a gamble)
19.05 No Bet
19.40 Aznavour (Won't mind the dig in ground)
20.10 No Bet
20.45 Sloane Street (Depending on market signals)

Back Halfords in the opener, Krivan. Its much much much better than it showed first time out, and is a good ew bet at 14s. Back it without the fav too.

Last edited:
Krivan...out of Miss Beabea...used to race for the Durkan's. Not a bad mare if I rightly remember. Only 9/1 for a maiden in the Curragh two weeks ago. You could be on to something here Del Boy.....I like what I'm seeing

What a monkey President Lincoln is in the first!! Krivan well on to get third at 20/1, thought he didnt look an overly easy ride, or maybe im being unfair on the horse.

Had a good bet on The Grey Celt in the 8.10, win and ew at 8/1. The ground should be suitable now.

John Kiely runners going very well with 4 wins from his last 6 runners:

I've had a nice e/way bet at 7/2 on his runner in the last at Cork - The bumper he ran in at Punchestown in May looks a very decent race - I'd be very surprised if he didn't place and hopefully he'll nick it.

John Kiely runners going very well with 4 wins from his last 6 runners:

I've had a nice e/way bet at 7/2 on his runner in the last at Cork - The bumper he ran in at Punchestown in May looks a very decent race - I'd be very surprised if he didn't place and hopefully he'll nick it.

Blosom Gate hacked up for J Kiely - had a small e/way
5wins from 7 now last race bet paid for.:)

I endured a poor night in Gowran but backed Kiely's Oneeightofamile and Blossom Gate in Cork to break just over even overall. Was hard done by with both No Trimmings and Fairylike who were both done by short heads unfortunately. I usually only play win only so was done out of my cash there.

On another note, I got a word for the O'Brien horse Mannheim in the maiden. A man connected to the stable passed on the word for it. I plunged on it but can feel hard done by in the 3rd placing. He wasn't done any favours by Murtagh on the Oxx nag who bumped/hemmed him in all the way round the bend to 3f out. Heffernan only gave him a sympathetic ride from there on in, but he picked up nicely to finish a 2l third. A Galileo, closely related to Moonstone, he's one to follow and follow him I will.

Similar to trefflich, I am off to Leopardstown tomorrow night as part of a work do. I like to create an aura of invincibility at work, so having a cast-iron, stone-cold, nailed-on certainty would hopefully perpetuate the awe in which my work colleagues hold me.

So give me a winner, preferably at a nice price.

Prescotts each way in the 2yo race -finished like a train at Kempton and would have a decent shot at beating the fav.You can always explain to them why it's a filthy each way bet.

Back