Viking Flagship
Sound Man
Flagship Uberalles
Moscow Flyer
Kauto Star
Twist Magic
Master Minded
Sizing Europe

Just been looking at the history of the Tingle Creek and I've picked out who I think are the ten best past winners of the race. My question is who do you think would win this race with all of the horses at the peak of their ability?

My choice would be Moscow Flyer. Both Azertyuiop & Well Chief were better 2m chasers than most of the ten past winners that I've listed and MF beat the pair of them in the greatest renewal of the race in 2004.

Last edited:
Why is Twist Magic so High

Moscow would take some beating

The order I've put them in is from the oldest winner to the most recent winner. I definitely don't think Twist Magic was better than Master Minded or Sizing Europe.:)

It's Moscow Flyer for me as well.

Twist Magic won 2 as well.

Granger, his win over Forpady was seriously impressive.

If all produced their very best form, I think Master Minded and Dessie would be some way clear of the others.

on paper..his win today isn't as good as Moscow Flyer's 2004 win. In 4th and 5th that day were better horses than Kumbeshwar..and they were beaten 27 & 38 lengths respectively

for ease of victory SS has possibly done better..but just on paper Moscow has to still be it when you take into account the oppo;)

i love SS by the way before you give me some hammer;)

Not at you EC, but for me, Sprinter Sacre is the best Tingle Creek winner. By a distance.

Not at you EC, but for me, Sprinter Sacre is the best Tingle Creek winner. By a distance.

ratings aside

visually it was breathtaking to see a horse win like that...the most exciting NH horse i've seen..possibly of all time...its early days as well...we have a lot to look forward to

Bare form of Moscow's win was unquestionably better. He would have put 15L of daylight bteween himself and Kumbeshwar just as easily. The other thing to remember was that Moscow Flyer benefitted from getting a lead deep into a race, before chinning horses with a brief turn of foot, and dossing all the way to the line. He always put in his best performances when he was in against the best opposition, and - who knows - maybe going against Spri ter Sacre might have seen him improve further?

Whilst my inclination is that Sprinter Sacre will eventually prove the very best ever at the trip, he isn't there yet, and we would do well to remember just how good Moscow Flyer was.

One of your funniest yet :lol:

Desert Orchid at his imperious best would have been a very different opponent to Sanctuaire and Kumbeshwar - let alone Moscow and Kauto at their 2 mile peaks .

Kauto Star was much better over further.

His best performance over two miles was his second Tingle Creek where he beat Voy Por Ustedes by 7L and Oneway the same. The latter would have been slightly inferior to Sanctuaire who was beaten 19L yesterday by a Sprinter Sacre who never came off the bridle.

Kauto Star was much better over further.

His best performance over two miles was his second Tingle Creek where he beat Voy Por Ustedes by 7L and Oneway the same. The latter would have been slightly inferior to Sanctuaire who was beaten 19L yesterday by a Sprinter Sacre who never came off the bridle.

That is incredibly tenuous . Kauto was enormously versatile and as a young horse a crack 2 miler .

Desert Orchid's performances carrying enormous weights in the Tingle Creek and the Victor Chandler in his golden year would have troubled any horse over 2 miles . The idea that Sprinter Sacre would have beaten Moscow Flyer a distance is profoundly silly too.

Back