Grey Abbey

Yes he was retired and I believe he is now hunting for an owner of Barry Murtagh's who used to be involved in him.

A good friend of mine is barry's cousin and few people know he actually achieved good success with Grey Abbey. he was a made horse joining Howard Johnson and Barry Murtagh never got the credit he deserved.

Thank you so so much for the update , I loved that horse and miss seeing him , im so pleased he is fit and well and doing ok ...Thanks again :D

Barry Murtagh got nine wins from thirty three runs out of Grey Abbey but surely he was entitled to do so given that he turned out to be one of the best staying chasers in the country. His initial handicap mark for Murtagh was a whopping 69! He looked like he had reached a plateau when losing 10 out of 11 chases when rated above 130 but somehow Howard Johnson turned him into a Grade 1 chaser with a rating of 169. I'd say that the owners felt justified in switching him.

Spot on Rory. When one improves 30 odd pounds for joining J Howard, it reflects anything but well on the previous handler.

Flying Instructor is living out his days ruling one of the paddocks of youngsters at Paul Webbers. Last time I saw him he was covered in mud and loving it. He is very spoiled and adored by Paul and his family.

Back