Greyville Polytrack - South Africa 04 January 2021

Top Tipster

At the Start
Hi Guys,

10h30 Dancing Sword 7/2 This surface she likes and she loves to track the leaders and strike around into the short straight and today i think is her day to skip clear and win. Keagan gets to ride her and has been doing well for this stable. This 1700m should be perfect because I really think the 1900m was a tad too far. 3 winners have come out of her 2nd last run over 1900m and the price is a nice tasty one to start us off the day.

11h05 Secret Dynasty 5/1. 4kg better with Fever, 4.5kg with Sea Sponge and 3kg with Viking Red she is well in here with 2.5kg appie claim with a good draw. She had excuses last run as she was cramped early and jockey reported something amiss last start. Straight Up is a good price for placings at around evens and forecast with my selection and with my selection who is well drawn and like to race handy which on the course suits I make her difficult to beat here.

11h40 It Must Be Love 6/4 BEST BET. She has been dissapointing last 3 runs but in her defence she was drawn wide last 2 runs and here she runs to weaker and has a better draw, and to be honest the poly suits her. Ant must just be patient on her just off the pace and when they come into the straight he must push the button and this will be race over. I have a outsider here for placings Mystery Trip 12/1 (5/2 top 3) who was 1.5L behind my selection 3 starts back and now has a 2kg weight turn around, but that was my selection's first run and she has scope for improvement. Pity we don't have swingers in this country but forecast is a good play here too.

12h15 Go Kitty 12/1. She gets a appie claim here with 2.5kg and this appie won on her last time on a rating of 62. She has dropped to a 62 and now with a claim in theory brings her to a 57. She is 6kg better with Arianos Spinner. She is in a weaker field here and will make her presence felt against these and even the 7/4 top 4 places is a top price.

12h50 Duran 11/1. Another roughie and only because he now gets in as a reserve and 4kg appie claim and gets a pole position draw which is vital. He is 3kg better with Bravo Zulu and 3kg better with Justaguything and 5kg better with Naomi, 4kg with Sarabi so basically he is well in here with this vital pole position draw and with a place price of 7/4 top 4 he is good value and expect him to run well here.

13h30 Irish Pearl 14/1. Now this horse should improve with a better draw today, ignore last start he was slow and crop shift at the 200m. His last 4runs prior to last start have been good as it was against stronger ave 70, 70, 69 MR fields. This is a ave MR56 field and I just think he is great value here. He is 1.5kg better with Kilvington. This is an open race as Lady Sharon 10/1 has a chance too but went against her because she likes 2000m and this mile might be too short but could bounce back with good draw and has improved with headgear. i would say back both horses has we have good prices about them as 3/1 is available for places.

14h05 Two Of Us 7/2. Good price but has a wide draw for concern. He has been drawn wide before and run well and this being a very weak field he can run well here. Been running in ave 74, 74 and 71 he now runs in a 68 and has dropped a few pounds in ratings. Gareth has had a close 2nd with him 5 starts back and I am expecting him to win well here despite the bad draw.

14h35 Perfectly Putt 3/1. He is my 2nd best bet of the day and he has dropped from a 80 to a 64 plus he runs to much weaker here. My only concern is the way he races which is too far back. If gareth can get him to be midfield and have enough to run at in the straight I make him difficult to beat here.

Cheers

Back