Gullible doesn't really cover it.........

Colin Phillips

At the Start
Spotted a link to this on TRF:

"Elsewhere at the BHA, there is a mix of astonishment and apoplexy at the independent disciplinary panel's recent findings in the case of Steve Goodwin, a former manager of the Diamond Racing syndicate. Horses owned by Diamond Racing were laid to lose on Betfair on a regular basis, on an account registered to Goodwin, using a computer at Goodwin's home. However, the panel accepted that Goodwin's wife was responsible for the activity, and had not told her husband what she was doing. "Utterly perverse" was the description of the decision by one BHA insider yesterday: whether or not one agrees with that assessment should become clear when the panel's detailed findings are published later this week."

The piece appeared in The Guardian.

Gotta love the BHA proving once more they're incompetence - where do they find the members for the independent disciplinary panel and are any of them familiar with the extraordinary chain of events and massive coincidences required for Mrs Goodwin to lay one of his horses which subsequently drift and no doubt is never put into the race without his knowledge?

I know several accounts were used in the Betfair case by Rodgers, but was it ever made public who had the winning account when he lost the lay bet?

It's not the first case where the accused has used the defence that someone close to them is a telepath. Tony Carrol and an irish trainer both had employees laying their horses. Unless they were being told which ones to lay by the trainer, telepathy is the only answer.

I think we should now shake off any delusions that the BHA or any associated outfit are there to protect the punters or ensure fairness in the sport. We should all be urging the GC (I know you don't need to say it) that if they want fairness in this sport all security and stewards enquiries, going asessments etc. should be looked after by an entirely independent body.

I know several accounts were used in the Betfair case by Rodgers, but was it ever made public who had the winning account when he lost the lay bet?

Toobee, are you talking about the old "but look, some of the lays won" trick whereby they lay triers on betfair using the dodgy account whilst backing it through another account?

Back