Hala Bek

Guest_

At the Start
I see he has been retired for the season and has actually left the yard. 1/20 he is in the Godolphin blue next year?

Not too encouraging news about him being back anytime soon

Michael Jarvis is unsure whether unlucky Derby fourth Hala Bek will be returning to his Kremlin House Stables in Newmarket.

The twice-raced colt performed an untimely jink to his right barely 100 yards from the line, then was absent from the Irish Derby with a throat infection and missed the remainder of the campaign through injury.

“The horse is still convalescing after his injury as he had a leg problem after the Derby which ruled him out for the rest of the year," said Jarvis.

"It was quite a serious injury. He isn't with me at the moment and he is recuperating at one of the Darley Stables. I don't really know if he'll come back in to training with me or whoever but he would certainly be an exciting horse if he became fit again," he told At The Races.

Darley doesn't neccesarily mean Godolphin - he could go to Gosden, Fabre, Oxx or Johnston all who have had horses for Sheikh Mo in the past.

Me neither Gal but there's the possibility. Jarvis as far as i'm aware didn't mention him being in Dubai or Al Quoz so you never know.

Originally posted by Galileo@Mar 21 2007, 07:14 PM
Never heard of Darley transfer a horse from a trainer to anyone other than the Godolphin banner.
Not since the 1980s when they would send horses to Cecil they had bought elsewhere - like Carlingford Castle.

Not many of the do, but a few do, like Duke of Marmalade andf Yeats.

I'd love to see Hala Bek get a second chance, and also worry what will happen to him if he doesn't make it back.

Hopefully he'll run well but if not there's always the Darley rehoming programme? I've read that Sheikh Mo personally selects the horses that go into the scheme - Fight Your Corner would be a notable one.

Without wishing to get into a debate over whether he's the kind of horse you'd want to see at stud, might there be a place for him somewhere in the world? He's from a very nice family (half brother to three Group or Listed winners).

Great to see him back.Was keeping an eye on that race and another on the novice chase at Fairyhouse with the result that I made about 10% of what I would expect to for laying a 1/2 shot (Valain) and a 9-2 winner Hala Bek.

Didn't even spot that he was running, nice to see him back though.

They don't come back though?

.. they have brought a horse narrowly touched off in the Derby back from injury before.. and did rather well with him in the Autumn.

Has he got a Juddmonte International / Arc entry by any chance?

Very much so - although I'd have preferred it if he'd wonthe Derby that day!!!!!

I reckon I could win a PTP or two on him........;)

I was very close to finding Henry Cecil yesterday to offer him a place for Unleashed also - I've a massive soft spot for the horse ever since I saw him in the paddock at Great Leighs and he owned it - despite looking like a massive baby, a teddy bear even, with the facial expressions he pulls! He's a lovely, lovely creature and talented too, he's a lot of growing up still to do - he's such a baby still.

Back