Hala Bek

Flame

At the Start
Just to let people know, this forgotten one time unlucky Derby horse is now back in training with Godolphin and went nicely in a piece of work this morning.

Chris

Chris, many thanks for these wonderful news,
thought he had simply dissolved in air.

Please let us know if there is something new. :D

They said that about Cyfor Malta before he destroyed a Paddy Power field.

They can and do come back, you just need to be patient, as Godolphin have been with him. He has been nursed along for the past 4 months nice and steadily and built up gradually. He's had a winter leading the babies and now he is blossoming. Impressive as he was yesterday morning, Friday would be a couple of gallops short, so I would hazard a guess this would be just a confidence building mission.

Did Kauto Star ever break down?? He was injured after he fell in that novice chase at Exeter but he didn't break down I'm sure. Drever's injury was also very minor.

Originally posted by Shadow Leader@Jun 2 2008, 07:32 AM
Did Kauto Star ever break down?? He was injured after he fell in that novice chase at Exeter but he didn't break down I'm sure. Drever's injury was also very minor.
What is the definition of "breaking down" - is it a reference to a tendon injury or are there other definitions?

BTW, you are right, Kauto had an injury at Exeter but nothing career threatening and reappeared 11 months later - probably only 3 months more than if he had gone to Cheltenham for the Arkle so not really a major spell on the sidelines.

I think its been said on here before BTW, but Sabin Du Loir did come back from serious injury to win at the highest level.

Generally the term "breaking down" applies to tendon injuries but it can also be used to indicate other leg injuries, like fracturing something.

Back