Harry Findlay splits ownership of horses

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

I'm going to be sick. Does this mean Findlay has a hand in Tony Bloom's latest "venture"

HARRY FINDLAY, the larger-than-life professional gambler and regular Scoop6 winner, has persuaded a long-time associate to share ownership of the majority of his 80 racehorses, but excluding Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Denman.

The deal with Tony 'The Lizard' Bloom, a world-renowned sports punter and poker player, will seeBelated Silver become the first runner for the new partnership at Lingfield on Friday.

I'm not a fan of Tony Bloom. What has he done in racing lately to want a half share in 83 horses?

Maybe Harry is involved in Tony Blooms exceptionally successful pro-punting football firm.

Would that be the venture you refer to? - not all that recent mind since they´ve been around since 2001.

Perhaps my view is a bit extreme as I have never met the man but the whole PremierBet scenario left a very sour taste.

Perhaps my view is a bit extreme as I have never met the man but the whole PremierBet scenario left a very sour taste.

Right you are. I should point out then that Premierbet was sold lock stock and barrel by Tony in 2005; your wrath should be directed towards IGH who bought the firm.

Just heard that the Hays are to split with their private trainer, Jane Chapple Hyam who is set to return to Newmarket.

All I know is that they are pulling the plug on Uplands and redistributing the horses. They may well keep one or two with her. Think Uplands has been a fairly costly venture without the big results and I suppose if you are a big businessman, possibly the current climate has made them recalculate.

I'm aware he had sold the company before they went bust but I'm sure customers who lost their money felt he sold them down the river.

I'm aware he had sold the company before they went bust but I'm sure customers who lost their money felt he sold them down the river.
That doesn't make any sense at all Gearoid. The company went bust because IGH destroyed it through mismanagement. How Bloom could be held in any way responsible for that is beyond me.

I take all your points on board Rory and clearly I'm not talking factually or pretending to be. I was just amazed that Findlay would split his share on 83 horses at the drop of a hat. Maybe Harry lost a bet.

Quite unsure why you seem to dislike Bloom so much if you're unsure of the facts, as you say.

I think the reason Findlay is letting him 'in', so to speak, is probably due to their relationship on football betting, where I imagine Bloom is worth a lot to Findlay.

Harry and Tony have been partners before in racing ventures and I know Harry has wanted him to invest in bloodstock again. I'd also imagine that some of Harry's big wins on the Scoop6 (or RaceO8) have involved Tony's bankroll. It's also possible that Harry is shoring up his assets. Either way, I'd be surprised if any money had changed hands.

Thanks for that Rory. It was only after I saw your first post that I went searching. I see that Harry has described Tony Bloom as the most successful gambler in Britain. Had I know that I might not have been so quick to post.

Back